Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered one a few days ago. Will give it a try. It sounds GREAT. Speaking of moms. I told mine about it, and that I ordered one, and she was horrified. (she's an RN. Seems to have the idea it might cause infections etc... <eyeroll>. She is SO closed minded.

I had not heard of this until on here. Wonder why they don't advertise????

Thanks for the tip gals!

Hee Hee Sue! Our mother's are from the same era. When my mum saw my older sister was using tampons she immediately wanted to know when she'd lost her virginity. She was convinced that virgins could not use tampons. And also that women who've had children wouldn't be able to keep them in. After her girls educated her over the years she now laughs at some of the things she'd thought and said. ...and we blush at some of the things she says to us!

I have a question about sizing of the Diva cup. The website says to use Model 2 if you are over 30, even if you have never had children because the hips tend to widen with age. Well, I am over 30 but I am petite. I am a size 0 to size 1. My hips are smaller than many people's waists. If I ever have children, my doctor has already decided that I will probably need a C-section. He has delivered hundreds of babies and he said that he is "99.9% sure that there is no baby coming through there".

So, while it might seem that since I am over 30, I should use Model 2, I haven't had my hips or anything else expand like they suggest. I don't want to get the wrong size and have it be uncomfortable. Any comments?

Ayisha,
Well..... the emphasis on the site is on the muscles, not the width hip.... so I really have no idea other then to ask the manufacturer, they are most likely to be able to help you.

Diva International Inc.
P.O. Box 25089
1375 Weber St. East
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada N2A 4A5

Phone numbers: 519-896-9103
Toll free in Canada and the USA: 1-866-444-DIVA (3482)
Fax: 519-896-6920
Email: info@divacup.com
www.divacup.com

Other option is that it has a money back guarantee, so if you get the wrong size I guess you could take it back.

crpntr133:
I always wondered what went on behind "that other door"...now I know. I beat the guy that cleans out the trash in the ladies room is a lot happier with you ladies now...I know I would be. :D

Nevermind. But the smile doesn't cut it.

OK, you guys got me to try it (the Diva)! I had one "accident" from improper insertion, and a bit of discomfort till I checked the website and figured out what I was doing wrong in both instances. The instructions really aren't complete. If you read through all the Q&A you find a few additional tips that help. Thanks gals. I'll appreciate this on the Utila trip!

After reading this I checked out both websites and ordered the Diva .... wish someone had told me about this YEARS ago!! 1st use - no problems, no leaks, I'd say just occasionally a slight uncomfortable feeling, but I think that just getting used to it. Now no need to panic if a dive trip gets scheduled at the wrong time!!

Ok this thread is very interesting and I am considering getting the Diva Cup. And once again I have learned something new and useful from this board!

Dion :)

I've been using 'Instead' which is the disposable version. Bought the box prior to finding this thread and learning about the non-disposable "Keeper" or "Diva Cup". Anyway, I've been having incidents (great description btw!) and can't figure it out. I will check to see if they have a website. In the meantime, anyone here have any experience with Instead?

Paula

It's tough, there's no stem so it's harder to get in the right place, it certainly has a higher learning curve! You really have to get in there and make sure it's placed right or there will be accidents. I don't like it nearly as much as the Diva cup.

Ayisha, I am very small in proportion, too, and I thought it was too big for me, too, but it turns out it isn't. It's fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom