Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello fellow women divers,

I can't help but exploit this opportunity to make a pitch for some very worthwhile and interesting organisations/links. Since we're talking about sanitary protection, have a read on a few related matters:

Toxic Shock Syndrome
Years ago when working in women's health campaigning, I was lucky enough to meet a very dedicated campaigner who was the mother of a teenager who'd died of Toxic shock. The Alice Kilvert Tampon Alert (http://www.tamponalert.org.uk/) has some good reads on Toxic Shock, tampon safety and related topics. Although a rare condition, it's good to be aware of these things.

Environment and sanitary protection
Another important matter is what happens to all that used sanitary protection and being divers, I'm certain we have an interest in protecting the marine environment - and so should everyone else.
The Women's Environmental Network (http://www.wen.org.uk) has, for a long time, campaigned to raise awareness and lobby for legislation on safety for women and protection for the environment.

Happy reading!

I dont think we should all throw out our tampons and deem them unsafe. They are safe when used correctly. BUT this keeper thing seems to be right on the money as far as convenience and better for the enviorment goes. I would like more info on were to get them if any can tell me?

Well after reading the given site its not for me. Sounds like a decent product tho. My only other comment would be that it saddens me to hear woman appologize for the topic.

I had tried "Instead" and was not satisfied. I think what I've been looking for all along is the DivaCup! The problem with Instead was that the cup was much too shallow for my heavy days and even some of my lighter days. I was also pretty uncomfortable with trying to dispose of it. It did seem like it should be something reusable.
Anyway, I'm going to have to order a DivaCup and try it out.
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'm glad that we can share.
~K

scuba_luv:
I had tried "Instead" and was not satisfied. I think what I've been looking for all along is the DivaCup! The problem with Instead was that the cup was much too shallow for my heavy days and even some of my lighter days. I was also pretty uncomfortable with trying to dispose of it. It did seem like it should be something reusable.
Anyway, I'm going to have to order a DivaCup and try it out.
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'm glad that we can share.
~K

Ok Im on the Diva Cup website now and must say I feel a bit more comfortable. Literaly. It comes in different sizes. :) Going to keep readin about this one.

ScubaTwo:
Ok Im on the Diva Cup website now and must say I feel a bit more comfortable. Literaly. It comes in different sizes. :) Going to keep readin about this one.

Would you post the Diva's website for those that are interested?

Sorry I was still reading. Lots of good info :)

Back
Top Bottom