Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stisso

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm new to this board, and new to diving. My open water certification is this weekend, and I have my period (sorry if TMI); I use the keeper, but I'm not sure how the pressure change factors in when I dive.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Thanks in advance...

stisso:
Hi ladies, I'm new to this board, and new to diving. My open water certification is this weekend, and I have my period (sorry if TMI); I use the keeper, but I'm not sure how the pressure change factors in when I dive.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Thanks in advance...

When I am lucky enough to have my period at the same time that I have a dive trip (oh joy!), I opt for the keeper instead of traditional methods. Much easier to deal with. You should not have any problems, I've never had any especially relating to pressure changes. Go have a great day and don't worry about it!! Welcome by the way!!!

(By now all of my male diving buddies, if any happen to read this, are probably turing green! Thinking... way TMI! :07: )

justleesa:
ok, whats the keeper?

Oh geez.

Okay, first, thanks SO much for answering my question. I feel much better now, and I'm really excited to have found this board, because I'm LOVING diving (even though I haven't been out of the pool yet, lol!).

To the guys on here, I'm really sorry to girly-up your macho diver site :eyebrow: Don't read further if the 'girl' aisle at the drugstore freaks you out, heh heh. The keeper is an alternative to traditional feminine hygiene products, and it's kind of like a 'cup'; it works in kind of the same way as a diaphragm (sp?). If you want more info, just check out their website, and you can absolutely PM me if you have any questions, and I'll give you the, um, explicit details.

Okay, the rest of my posts will be purely diving-related, lol!

I've heard of them before. I would like to give it a try. Diving with the traditional tampon on a heavy day can be a bit challenging. (LOL, I wonder how many people will stumble on this post looking for something funny :D)

Well, my question is: does this create an 'air space' in the uterus that needs to be equalized? And just how would one do that? PM me the answers if you like!!!! I'm sure there could be some interesting answers. But I'm serious.......and would depth be an issue, and if so, at what point?

Sorry I'm not a guy, thought the Leesa part was clear :wink:. I lived in Europe for years and we didn't have it over there and since I'm back I never heard of it either

I got free samples of "Instead" and have forgotten all about them. I sort of chickened out the first month. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the reminder. :)

And Pennypoooh, I doubt the keeper creates an air space. If it did, it would (hopefully!) be in the vagina and not the uterus, and would be able to, erm, escape if necessary. That makes me cramp up just thinking about it.

SueMermaid:
I got free samples of "Instead" and have forgotten all about them. I sort of chickened out the first month. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the reminder. :)

And Pennypoooh, I doubt the keeper creates an air space. If it did, it would (hopefully!) be in the vagina and not the uterus, and would be able to, erm, escape if necessary. That makes me cramp up just thinking about it.
Could you see explaining to the Mexican DM which airspace it was that you couldn't equalize??? :laughing:

I may try this just for giggles.

Whoops... Sorry... Wrong door... Hadn't seen the sign...

Didn't see or hear anything.

I'll be running along to the little boys' room now...

:wink:

All kidding aside, I'll definitely let my GF know about this...

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom