Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option : manage not to have your period while diving...

I'm on the pill and I often take two tablets in a row without the usual 7-day break allowing your period to come.

I know it sounds horrible to most women, but let's stop here and think for a minute : when you're on B.C. pills, your period is not a "natural" one, its caused by the artificial lack of hormones you have created. So it's not more artificial to take two tablets in a row ! Anyway, the natural cycle is not respected, so why keep an artificial "natural look" to it ?

So that's what I do. My doctor told me not to do that more than 8 times a year (she told me one should have at least 4 periods a year, for obscure "cleaning" reasons").

BTW, hi to all of you, I'm back here :)

The "cleaning thing" has to do with the fact that most pills use an estrogen so the lining of the uterus is pretty substancial and you could have spotting if you did two pills all the time. Also there is that new pill out that you only have 3 periods a year with. Progestin-only contraception is different so quite a few women just stop having a period. I'm glad I read this thread, these devices sound very useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom