Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok sorry to jump in but I can not resist. Not knowing the make up of this device is it possible to pee in it? Not getting crued but tech women have been on the short end of the stick (punn intended) as far as pee valves go for dry suits. If this device might be modified I have a background in engineering and could possibly work up something to fit the need.

Er. Well, I would say no. You'd have to find a way to attach it, and that would likely involve some sorta glue, and well, ow. It's not the right shape or size for that anyway.

Bobby F:
Ok sorry to jump in but I can not resist. Not knowing the make up of this device is it possible to pee in it? Not getting crued but tech women have been on the short end of the stick (punn intended) as far as pee valves go for dry suits. If this device might be modified I have a background in engineering and could possibly work up something to fit the need.

uhhhhh.... NO. It goes in a different hole.

I guess I misunderstood? When you insert the cup in the vagina, you can still pee otherwise. It doesn't cover the urethral opening.

SueMermaid:
Er. Well, I would say no. You'd have to find a way to attach it, and that would likely involve some sorta glue, and well, ow. It's not the right shape or size for that anyway.

Got it, I had a friend in Jersey who made her own for the dry suit. Lets just say that it was not pretty and would not fit the masses. Thought maybe this thing had a new twist that would be less ah intrusive and gross. Back to the topic at hand (sorry could not pass that one up).

Poor Bobby......Mel needs to check this out!

I just had a look at the divacup website and it looks pretty good! I have never head of anything like that before.

I usually go diving from a pretty small boat with 'the boys' and have declined (it killed me!) to go diving a few times because there was no way to change sanitary needs.
I know its silly, but wearing a tampon and diving i was always worrying about it leaking... we have a few great whites around here and i would have felt like shark bait.... I know they arent supposed to be attracted to it, but i just was a bit too nervous to go.
I was supposed to do a little shark dive last week...(Not great whites of course!!) but made a feeble excuse to the boys about having the tail end of a cold...

Has anyone had the diva cup come out at inappropriate time at all? That is my main concern, apart from that I am ready to get onto the site and order!

lissette:
I just had a look at the divacup website and it looks pretty good! I have never head of anything like that before.

I usually go diving from a pretty small boat with 'the boys' and have declined (it killed me!) to go diving a few times because there was no way to change sanitary needs.
I know its silly, but wearing a tampon and diving i was always worrying about it leaking... we have a few great whites around here and i would have felt like shark bait.... I know they arent supposed to be attracted to it, but i just was a bit too nervous to go.
I was supposed to do a little shark dive last week...(Not great whites of course!!) but made a feeble excuse to the boys about having the tail end of a cold...

Has anyone had the diva cup come out at inappropriate time at all? That is my main concern, apart from that I am ready to get onto the site and order!

I don't believe that would be possible. It has suction from the small holes at the top (the discomfort we spoke about). I mean it is not goin anywhere. You have to break the suction BEFORE removing it. Part of the learning curve. After a couple of days, I got it figured out and had no trouble. Also not. Rotating it after insertion is critical. NOT doing that may cause an accident.

Sorry if too much technical detail......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom