Question Can I Hand Carry My Scuba Diving Regulator on Cebu Pacific from Manila to Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not traveled anywhere in the Phils, but I recall reading with interest/amusement some old threads in which it was said that airlines there prohibited regulators in carry-on because they could supposedly be used as some kind of weapon.

The problem is not Cebu Pacific but the Philippines Office for Transportation Security, which considers a scuba regulator a blunt instrument. I've seen people turned away at security. If you are checking luggage, put it inside. They are not nearly as fragile as you think.

A bit off subject but Philippine airlines did not allow me to carry on my reg on the last 3 international flights.
You ought to file a complaint to PAL.
Banning of reg in the hand carry has been lifted few yrs ago officially.

I must have been lucky going to Tubbataha with my reg in carryon bag last June. Last year I went to Cebu the same way, but I flew in with EVA Air.

I flew the same way to Australia, Bonaire, Cayman Brac, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ecuador, Grand Cayman, Indonesia, Maldives, Mexico, Palau, Saudi Arabia, Tobago, Thailand, UAE, Utila, Zanzibar. None of their Customs office or TSA gave me a hard time with the reg being in the carryon bag.

A bit off subject but Philippine airlines did not allow me to carry on my reg on the last 3 international flights.
Neither I nor my wife had a problem with Philippine Airlines carrying all our regs onboard, SFO to Manila for Anilao last month. Except they weighed BOTH my carryon and my "personal item". I made sure both were a hair under 7 kg.
And I separated the firsts from the seconds and hoses for easy, flat packing.

I must have been lucky going to Tubbataha with my reg in carryon bag last June. Last year I went to Cebu the same way, but I flew in with EVA Air.

I flew the same way to Australia, Bonaire, Cayman Brac, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ecuador, Grand Cayman, Indonesia, Maldives, Mexico, Palau, Saudi Arabia, Tobago, Thailand, UAE, Utila, Zanzibar. None of their Customs office or TSA gave me a hard time with the reg being in the carryon bag.
LOL.
Luck played no part at all because the ban has been lifted yrs ago.
Every country has it's own regulation on "restricted items", any smart traveller would have check it FIRST.
An off the counter drug in one country can get you into serious trouble in another. Plenty of "sad" stories on line. A good example was that British woman who got herself in deep S%^t in Egypt.

No any problems carrying regs (1st and 2nd, gauges, transmitters, etc) in cabin language on internal flight in Philippines. Problems could be with any "instruments" - screwdrivers, multy-tools, spanners etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom