Question Philippine Airlines vs Cebu Pacific Domestic Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello divers,
Could anyone share their recent experience or knowledge about flying Philippine Airlines vs Cebu Pacific for domestic flights?
I am planning a trip to the Philippines that will include flights from Manila to Dumaquete and then back from Bohol to Manila.
As usual, I will have my scuba gear and UW videography equipment.
Many thanks in advance.
Val

Just be aware that flights can be delayed or even cancelled and this happens a lot in the Philippines.
I fly both airlines from time to time but mostly Cebu Pacific. If you are bringing lots of luggage when you book pre pay for extra checked in luggage allowance.

We fly either based on schedule and price. Join the frequent flyer club of both before you get there or make reservations. Both fly mostly larger jets, with some commuter planes on some routes. Both have apps that make things easier.

Cebu Pacific has lots of sales, so keep an eye out in advance if you know what places you plan to visit. We fly CebGo more than Philippine Airlines on average. But price and schedule sometimes dictate PAL. We always prepay for our expected baggage. It’s not expensive if you do so in advance, but read ticket rules and website screens carefully. Don’t show up with extra bags and pay the full rate.

AirSwift is also a good regional-only carrier for Romblon and between Palawan and Cebu. They use twin turboprops, and are stricter on bags. You can still pay for excess fairly cheaply in advance, though.

I am carrier agnostic when it comes to domestic flights but in practice I am using PAL most of the time for domestic travels.
Despite Cebu Pacific promotional prices, when you add up with luggage, seats, etc. in the end you notice it's similar or even more expensive than PAL.
AirAsia is also not to be neglected on some routes, for instance last year it was the more convenient and better priced option for Dauin.

Just be aware that flights can be delayed or even cancelled and this happens a lot in the Philippines.
I fly both airlines from time to time but mostly Cebu Pacific. If you are bringing lots of luggage when you book pre pay for extra checked in luggage allowance.
Thank you for you tips.

We fly either based on schedule and price. Join the frequent flyer club of both before you get there or make reservations. Both fly mostly larger jets, with some commuter planes on some routes. Both have apps that make things easier.

Cebu Pacific has lots of sales, so keep an eye out in advance if you know what places you plan to visit. We fly CebGo more than Philippine Airlines on average. But price and schedule sometimes dictate PAL. We always prepay for our expected baggage. It’s not expensive if you do so in advance, but read ticket rules and website screens carefully. Don’t show up with extra bags and pay the full rate.

AirSwift is also a good regional-only carrier for Romblon and between Palawan and Cebu. They use twin turboprops, and are stricter on bags. You can still pay for excess fairly cheaply in advance, though.
Many thanks for great information.

I am carrier agnostic when it comes to domestic flights but in practice I am using PAL most of the time for domestic travels.
Despite Cebu Pacific promotional prices, when you add up with luggage, seats, etc. in the end you notice it's similar or even more expensive than PAL.
AirAsia is also not to be neglected on some routes, for instance last year it was the more convenient and better priced option for Dauin.
Thank you very much. I will keep this info in mind while booking.

Hello divers,
Could anyone share their recent experience or knowledge about flying Philippine Airlines vs Cebu Pacific for domestic flights?
I am planning a trip to the Philippines that will include flights from Manila to Dumaquete and then back from Bohol to Manila.
As usual, I will have my scuba gear and UW videography equipment.
Many thanks in advance.
Val
I used to fly PAL frequently until Cebu Pacific(5J) started to expend its domestic route yes ago.
The only time that I fly PAL is for the route HKG/YYZ, my next flight is within 2 wks.
As already in #3 , keep an eye on the sale especially the P1 ticket.
HK$1,100.00(US$150.00) for HKG/CEB return(Feb 2024) including 20 kg of checked luggage!!! I honestly do not think PAL can offer anything remotely near it!
Check the fare for both airlines and do not forget to add the extra for 5J(checked bag).
Plan ahead and it will save you some money.

I used to fly PAL frequently until Cebu Pacific(5J) started to expend its domestic route yes ago.
The only time that I fly PAL is for the route HKG/YYZ, my next flight is within 2 wks.
As already in #3 , keep an eye on the sale especially the P1 ticket.
HK$1,100.00(US$150.00) for HKG/CEB return(Feb 2024) including 20 kg of checked luggage!!! I honestly do not think PAL can offer anything remotely near it!
Check the fare for both airlines and do not forget to add the extra for 5J(checked bag).
Plan ahead and it will save you some money.
Many thanks for sharing very useful information. Have you ever used PA to fly between Toronto and Manila? Many people prefer EVA, even with an extra stop in Taipei.

Many thanks for sharing very useful information. Have you ever used PA to fly between Toronto and Manila? Many people prefer EVA, even with an extra stop in Taipei.
HKG/MNL/YYZ is my route if I need a stop over in Philippines to go diving. All I need is a extra single ticket from MNL to HKG by 5J. PAL ground crew has no issue if I want to check my bag from YYZ to MNL only.
I fly KA from HKG to YYZ through ICN(Inchon) if diving is not an option.
I can fly AC or CX to YYZ non stop but at extra cost. And CX is suck.
There is no advantage for me to try EVA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom