Question Philippine Airlines vs Cebu Pacific Domestic Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HKG/MNL/YYZ is my route if I need a stop over in Philippines to go diving. All I need is a extra single ticket from MNL to HKG by 5J. PAL ground crew has no issue if I want to check my bag from YYZ to MNL only.
I fly KA from HKG to YYZ through ICN(Inchon) if diving is not an option.
I can fly AC or CX to YYZ non stop but at extra cost. And CX is suck.
There is no advantage for me to try EVA.
Thank you for additional information.

Many people prefer EVA, even with an extra stop in Taipei.

Yup that and China Airlines from Taiwan. Better aircraft better service for similar cost. When I fly with China Airlines I often see people who are transiting either from Europe UK or from North America. I won't fly PAL from Taiwan to Philippines.

A non stop flight is better than anything else especially if it is the Nation carrier. And if you have a domestic connection to catch than it is even better. I spoke with experience rather than by "watching" others!!
PAL used to fly YYZ to MNL daily before the appearance of Wuhan virus. Normal service will return soon because the demand is there.

KA flight leaves YYZ at 10:00 and arrive at MNL following evening around 22:00 or a bit later(choice of flight). ICN terminal is modern.

A non stop flight is better than anything else especially if it is the Nation carrier. And if you have a domestic connection to catch than it is even better. I spoke with experience rather than by "watching" others!!
PAL used to fly YYZ to MNL daily before the appearance of Wuhan virus. Normal service will return soon because the demand is there.

KA flight leaves YYZ at 10:00 and arrive at MNL following evening around 22:00 or a bit later(choice of flight). ICN terminal is modern.
Many thanks. It is good to know.

PR118 arrived at YYZ on time last night.
The flight was FULL. Demand is certainly there.

BTW, PR has moved all their International flights to T1. Incidentally, T1 has been completely refurbished but the waiting area is still far far too small.
T3 is too busy for comfort nowadays.

I flew a number of flights with Cebu pacific and PAL earlier this year. I prefer Cebu Pacific, mainly just because their systems, website and app were all more modern and functional in my opinion- very easy to add extra bags, weight etc.
as others will say though, I would pay double the price just to not fly through Manila airport if you can. Landing/departing was actually fine as long as you don’t have to transit.. it’s just transits and terminal changes that can add a little spice to your trip

I flew a number of flights with Cebu pacific and PAL earlier this year. I prefer Cebu Pacific, mainly just because their systems, website and app were all more modern and functional in my opinion- very easy to add extra bags, weight etc.
as others will say though, I would pay double the price just to not fly through Manila airport if you can. Landing/departing was actually fine as long as you don’t have to transit.. it’s just transits and terminal changes that can add a little spice to your trip
Thank you for great points.

Hello divers,
Could anyone share their recent experience or knowledge about flying Philippine Airlines vs Cebu Pacific for domestic flights?
I am planning a trip to the Philippines that will include flights from Manila to Dumaquete and then back from Bohol to Manila.
As usual, I will have my scuba gear and UW videography equipment.
Many thanks in advance.
Val
Personally I would avoid Cebo Pacific like the plague...

I have PHP 10,262.00 siting in their 'Travel Fund'

They changed my connection times twice. I was flying Hanoi - Manilla - Dumaguete and then later Dumaguete - Manilla - Kuala Lumpur.

They change the flights making it impossible to make my KL connection .... they wouldn't refund, would only allow me to change my flights (with additional charges ! but no availability for when I was due to be in the Philippines) and this left me with the only option of cancelling my whole Philippines leg of what should have been Vietnam, Philippines & Malaysia trip !

Lost the payments for the inbound Hanoi - Manilla - Dumaguete (because I had already changed it once before? and Dumaguete - Manilla - Kuala Lumpur payment now sits in their Travel Fund... and expires in 2 months time.

they are just thieves !!

Personally I would avoid Cebo Pacific like the plague...

I have PHP 10,262.00 siting in their 'Travel Fund'

They changed my connection times twice. I was flying Hanoi - Manilla - Dumaguete and then later Dumaguete - Manilla - Kuala Lumpur.

They change the flights making it impossible to make my KL connection .... they wouldn't refund, would only allow me to change my flights (with additional charges ! but no availability for when I was due to be in the Philippines) and this left me with the only option of cancelling my whole Philippines leg of what should have been Vietnam, Philippines & Malaysia trip !

Lost the payments for the inbound Hanoi - Manilla - Dumaguete (because I had already changed it once before? and Dumaguete - Manilla - Kuala Lumpur payment now sits in their Travel Fund... and expires in 2 months time.

they are just thieves !!
Thank you for sharing this information. After hearing many negative comments about Cebu Pacific, I decided to book with Philippine Airline.

....... After hearing many negative comments about Cebu Pacific, I decided to book with Philippine Airline.
If I have to make domestic/international transfer then PAL comes first unless I have lot of spare time.
AFAIAC, 5J is straightly a point to point carrier.

Back
Top Bottom