Tubbataha Liveaboard and South Leyte Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BiSi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,
planning our next trip, we thought about one of the destinations high up on our list - the Philippines. Doing a lot of research (which can be a bit overwhelming for a "first timer") I have now narrowed it down to what I think fits our expectations best - Tubbataha Reef, probably with the "Infinity" and Southern Leyte, most probably at "Peter´s Dive Resort". Will have to be in June, as all May liveaboards are already fully booked.
Now the first question is - do you think the two are even possible to combine with a total trip length of 3 weeks (including int´l flights)?
Second question - are there any recent experiences from South Leyte? There has been a lot of destruction above and below water by Typhoons last year. Has anyone been there recently and can tell me what the current situation is like?
And of course any comments, suggestions and recommendations regarding the two destinations or the Philippines in general are very welcome :)

Thanks a lot in advance
BiSi

AFAIC June is too late for Tubbataha because of the risk of foul weather.
1. Combining the total trip in 3 wks is no problem as long as the weather holds.
2. I have not been to Southern Leyte for a very long time so I am going there next Feb to familiar myself with the place.
3. Anilao + PG is a good alternative.

AFAIC June is too late for Tubbataha because of the risk of foul weather.
1. Combining the total trip in 3 wks is no problem as long as the weather holds.
2. I have not been to Southern Leyte for a very long time so I am going there next Feb to familiar myself with the place.
3. Anilao + PG is a good alternative.
Ok thanks for your fast reply! I was afraid June might be too late...

As for Southern Leyte - it has recovered quite well from the Typhoon Odette (Rai) which passed this way 2 years ago this month. Weather in June is usually fantastic. It's a good time to visit.

Our group has chartered the Infiniti liveaboard to Tubbataha 1-7 June 2024. At the present moment we have a lower deck cabin C11 available. We also have a male share in cabin C6 on the main deck and a female share on the lower deck in cabin C12. If you are interested in joining us, please contact our agent @aquabluegreg at Liquid Diving Adventures.

We are also going to stay in Crystal Blue Anilao Resort on 7-14 June 2024.

Hopefully you can join us.

Cheers,
Dan

June is too late for Tubattaha. PERIOD.
I have been to Tubattaha several times but never ever later than mid May. There are plenty of interesting stories on line regarding the weather.
The risk is REAL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom