Splitting days between Dauin and Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First - you first took up the argument to something I posted in response to other people (ScubaBackPacker and DiveUAE).
Well firstly that is a public board, meaning that anyone can reply to any kind of statements/replies that are written down here and without any prior permission (even if that is yours that you seem to value so much) if you'd like to privately reply to the members without being answered to, there is the PM option.

Secondly - Out of any "alternative reality" if you read the thread I was the first to reply to the OP, it's not like I was like you incorrectly wrote "not involving you" in this thread, then I took the effort to do a description of the sites and the critters that you usually find.

You then stated "but in my mind not up to the real TOP locations for serious macro in terms of critter variety" which is absolutely your prerogative to offer up (it's incorrect, but that's your choice to go around spouting definitive opinions that others disagree with).
You see, while I am saying it's my opinion based on a specifc criteria, on your side you are bluntly asserting that it is incorrect (one would wonder on which mysterious criteria your assertion is based... nobody knows since from the begining as you're just pushing forward social events like photographs meetings, and refuse to say anything on the critter debate which is ultimately the normal criteria for judging a macro site).

More than that, you are systematically using disparaging words, here such as "spouting" in a reply, In the meantime you're denying resorting to calling names and contempt in that discussion (how many times have you employed words like weak, illogical, even putting doubt on my professional skills, etc. without any evidence.)

I suggested that looking at what several well respected others have chosen might be interesting evidence. ~25+ professional photographers have chosen to spend their time/$ diving Dauin (many more than once) as part of ImageMakers. The point being fairly straightforward - those with commercial interests continue to make a choice to return to dive there. Bluntly, this alone (for most folks) is enough as a supporting argument for the statement I made. You can disagree all you want, that doesn't negate either the evidence or the point made.
Image makers is more of a social meeting for a club of photographers (invited by M.Snyderman and Atlantis resorts from what I read) in order to gather likeminded people, have some time together and discuss whatever about photo, business or life, all this while doing your favorite thing in life and staying at the very comfortable Atlantis resorts, a week in Dauin and another week in PG.
In return that's advertizement for Atlantis Resorts as well, all benefits for every part. It's a nice gesture from Atlantis to allow this, and the invited participants would be foolish not to accept the invitation at a very good resort.
Once said that , it still doesn't put Dauin on a famous TOP5 macro list of all spots, similarly I guess Puerto Galera would be then on a TOP5 something in your head since ImageMakers are also spending a week there.

I guess you know that but when a photographer is a on an appointment or a project he/she will stay more than a week, sometimes a month on the same location on his own with private spotters in order to repeat the images and allow for the perfect conditions. Certainly not in a group with other photographers which is the worst type of configuration for being productive. That's for instance how I met Doug Perrine in Malapascua when he was shooting for threshers more than 20 years ago, only him a few cases of photo equipment and a three weeks booking at Exotic dive center. No other photographers around.

So I don't see any evidence nor proof there : I have no problem saying Dauin is a nice place to dive decent macro with comfortable amenities (That's where I restarted diving again after a lung operation, I didn't know if I could dive again), but for really exceptional and unique macro photo opportunities (rare critters, behavior photos,..) that's another story, I would favor the sites I listed (which you simply rejected without any serious argument) and probably some more I haven't been to with unique species (Gulen Norway, some Japanese macro sites...).

"Dauin you've been there twice if I believe..."

No. Again you assume much.
Okay, so you say... I simply quoted what you wrote, not inventing anything.
You wrote "our 2nd trip to the region" (sic) see below, you didn't mention anything about "twice in spring". I read 2nd trip to the region period.
I spent just over two weeks diving the Dauin coastline earlier this spring (our 2nd trip to the region).
(For some reason I think I heard a story about someone creating websites for the dive operators and resorts in the Phils... )

Umm, no. You chose to disagree with something stated (not involving you). That's your prerogative...everything else has been you trying to suggest that somehow what you said matters.
Are you in complete denial or is that just umm-ing randomly?
Should I list the number of times you were calling names at me in various threads not only this one?
That's called argumentam ad personam. (that Schopenhauer points as the last resort used in an argument)
Having to disagree is not a reason for writing so : it also happens in real life where I 'm not sure you would use that tone.

@Luko

Oh? Your back... sure.

"Well firstly that is a public board, meaning that anyone can reply to any kind of statements/replies that are written down here and without any prior permission (even if that is yours that you seem to value so much)"

Absolutely your prerogative to voice your opinion, just as it's everyone else's right to ignore your response. You can continue to be incorrect as much as you would like...

"You see, while I am saying it's my opinion based on a specifc criteria..."

Your criteria is competely subjective. I offered you a view that was less subjective, given that it was based on a number of others' views - based on their actions. Bluntly, their collective opinion means more that your singular one.

"Image makers is more of a social meeting for a club of photographers..."

For someone that has not participated that would be an interesting assumption. It's not true, but interesting... There is certainly a component of social interaction that underlies these get togethers (including celebrating Marty's b-day a few years ago), but to suggest that's the primary reason is a bit naive ("hey, let's all fly 15+ hours around the world so we can hang out together!"). For several it's about testing new camera gear (the first time I participated there were several folks trying out the EMWL), others it's about looking for certain subjects.

There is an easy solution - get invited (you might learn something...)

"You wrote "our 2nd trip to the region"

Yes, we've been through this before (the language is challenging for you). You assumed the "our" in the above statement referred to just my experience. This was a trip first with my daughter, then my son - it was their 2nd trip to the region.

" creating websites for the dive operators and resorts in the Phils... )..."

Not just in PH... much of the Pacific as well as other parts of SE Asia, the Pacific, etc. It was an interesting ~4-5 years, but there is very little $ in the dive business.

"Are you in complete denial or is that just umm-ing randomly?"

You keep coming back with fairly mindless comments. hence, "umm..."

Wow that was an impressive battle. You two were like two Chromis in a bowl for a month. I started out learning some things but after like the 5th round of 27 it got a little painful.

You two must be cousins or something ;-)

Back
Top Bottom