Diving and "the Keeper" (not the diving kind!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG, I never heard of this either. I feel like such a dork. :11: But thanks for the info.

Kristi, that's where I have a bit of trouble, giving it one full turn after insertion. It's *very* hard to do that, I wonder if the one I have is too big for me? Mine baaaaarely turns, I really have to put a lot of muscle into it. Did you have trouble with that at first? I mean, it works great, and I have not had any mishaps, but often, I don't think it is inserted correctly, I feel it suddenly unfolding 15 or so minutes after it goes in. (and yes, it's really weird).

SueMermaid:
Kristi, that's where I have a bit of trouble, giving it one full turn after insertion. It's *very* hard to do that, I wonder if the one I have is too big for me? Mine baaaaarely turns, I really have to put a lot of muscle into it. Did you have trouble with that at first? I mean, it works great, and I have not had any mishaps, but often, I don't think it is inserted correctly, I feel it suddenly unfolding 15 or so minutes after it goes in. (and yes, it's really weird).

I don't give mine one full turn...just an inch, maybe. It's just to make sure that it's not bent. I don't know what size you have, though. Mine doesn't unfold later on like yours does.

Good luck! If there are no mishaps, you're probably okay!

stisso:
I don't give mine one full turn...just an inch, maybe. It's just to make sure that it's not bent. I don't know what size you have, though. Mine doesn't unfold later on like yours does.

Good luck! If there are no mishaps, you're probably okay!

It was hard to turn the 1st time or so, but I got the hang of it, and no problem. I thought the size I got was too big at 1st too b/c of the discomfort. As soon as I realized the suction had to release I was fine.

I got the size B as I have given vaginal childbirth and I am 40.

What about this discomfort thing. This time is usually very painful for me and I know that the whole tampon thing made it even worse. Between the muscle pain and the general pain that I had in that area sometimes that area is just too sensitive for even a pad.

I tried instead, but it was unbearably painful, I think because of it's rigid plastic rim, is this thing going to be less painful?

Mrs.Prages:
What about this discomfort thing. This time is usually very painful for me and I know that the whole tampon thing made it even worse. Between the muscle pain and the general pain that I had in that area sometimes that area is just too sensitive for even a pad.

I tried instead, but it was unbearably painful, I think because of it's rigid plastic rim, is this thing going to be less painful?
Wellll, I can say that I have fewer cramp issues with the Keeper because it doesn't touch the cervix like tampons can do. But it sounds like you might have trouble with it since even pads can be uncomfortable. If the Instead is not working for you, the Keeper may not be an option, either. :(
If I were you, I'd call the company that makes it and ask them. They might be able to shed a little more light on it.
Good luck. :)

Just got back from my Coz dive trip. Used the Diva, and it was WONDERFUL!! Worked like a charm. I have to say the concept is a bit weird, but got the hang of it pretty fast, and I had no worries diving all day. As for comfort, the Diva is pretty soft and flexible and I found it much more comfortable than a tampon. After the initial few minutes of it 'settling in', I didn't feel it at all.

SueMermaid:

I just got the Diva, too, and I have the same issues. I'm thinking that it is probably a matter of relaxation and practice. Works perfectly once it unfolds! I've used Insteads before, and while I find them easier to insert and remove (at this point), the diva works much better, holds more and is less messy to remove. I'm very happy with it, and hope that the issues resolve themselves with more practice. Good luck!

Wow ladies...what a thread! I just stumbled on it 'cause I wondered what sort of new scuba equiptment "the keeper" was. :06: This is GREAT info. I'm afraid I am past needing this product (had to have all my plumbing removed a few years back) but I am gonna put these website addys down in my book to share with all my younger dive buddy-etts! Sure wish I had known about these contraptions way back when :05: Thanks for sharing! And Kristy...did you tell any of our Utila ladies about these things? I'm sure several of them would be interested.

sololady:
Wow ladies...what a thread! I just stumbled on it 'cause I wondered what sort of new scuba equiptment "the keeper" was. :06: This is GREAT info. I'm afraid I am past needing this product (had to have all my plumbing removed a few years back) but I am gonna put these website addys down in my book to share with all my younger dive buddy-etts! Sure wish I had known about these contraptions way back when :05: Thanks for sharing! And Kristy...did you tell any of our Utila ladies about these things? I'm sure several of them would be interested.

Shelli and I discussed it one day....she is a believer too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom