Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like diaphragms, I've owned the G260 and MK17 numerous times. Based on my experience the G260, in my humble opinion, is one of the best second stages by SP, maybe the best ? Still evaluating the D420. Despite its sometimes large ip swing the MK17 is solid. I've zero experience with the C series. Shopping is fun, owning your own gear is more fun. Good luck.
Out of curiosity why do you like diaphragms over pistons?

Out of curiosity why do you like diaphragms over pistons?

Nothing to do with performance. 2 main reasons, I dive dirty water and I've never gotten on with piston regs.

I've owned SP MK25 and Atomic first stages all gave me trouble out of the box. I've attempted servicing a couple of MK10s and a MK5 to varying degrees of success, happy to accept its me and not those regs. Many say the MK10 is very easy to service so likely it's me.

In contrast I've never had a single issue with any diaphragm reg I've owned or serviced.

I like diaphragms, I've owned the G260 and MK17 numerous times. Based on my experience the G260, in my humble opinion, is one of the best second stages by SP, maybe the best ? Still evaluating the D420. Despite its sometimes large ip swing the MK17 is solid. I've zero experience with the C series. Shopping is fun, owning your own gear is more fun. Good luck.
True to that. Dive gear is like guns. Do I need 10 shotguns? Probably not. Can I get by with one? Yes. Is every one of them special? Yes. Do I have my favorites, of course... And yes I love having them and mixing things up from time to time. I absolutely love my MK25/s600. However, I would like to try D420 and may even buy it someday if my wife will let me :eek: I would like to try out A700 and see how it compares to the other Scubapros I have. As you said it is a lot of fun to shop and even more fun to own them if one can afford it :)

Tried an A700 a couple of times, now granted I have zero knowledge to how either were tuned so this may well be useless info, but I wasn't impressed.

At work they have SP Mk25 w/ G260 seconds and I have used them a few times but prefer to use my own setup which is a SP Mk11 w/ S600 mounted on a SP Fullface mask. When I dive recreationally I use a Poseidon Cyklon 5000.

Apeks while UK is still in EU(not for long)!

Apeks while UK is still in EU(not for long)!
Why does it make a difference to you if UK is a part of EU when it comes to Apeks?

Why does it make a difference to you if UK is a part of EU when it comes to Apeks?
Possibly sourcing parts could become more difficult...

Make NO difference to us in HK.

But could be difference when it comes to duty/tax between two non members in Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom