Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nodeist

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As a measure of self-protection against the coronavirus, I am thinking of buying a regulator for diving and so I decided to open the topic here to ask for your opinion and I believe that this topic can be interesting for other divers too

I've been reading a lot about it, I've read a lot of reviews and so I'm going to put a summary of the regulators that I have in mind.
Friendly disclaimer: I have no preference for any brand, I look for safety and quality at the lowest possible price :)

My regulator shortlist:
  • Scubapro MK17 EVO
    • Second stage C370 + OCTOPUS R095 (349 €)
    • Second stage G260 + OCTOPUS R195 (445 €)
    • Second stage S600 + OCTOPUS R195 (469 €)
  • Scubapro MK21
    • Second stage C370 + OCTOPUS R095 (325 €)
  • Aqua Lung Titan (I read an excellent review of this regulator but I don't know anyone who has one to ask for their opinion)
When I dive the most used brand here (for those who have their own regulator) is Scubapro, and the feedback is very positive.
At the dive center I usually dive with, they currently have Mares regulators (ROVER 2S) to rent and to be honest, I don't like them, I think they are a little heavy, at least after a while diving I feel that

What is your opinion of the regulators that I put on the shortlist? Do you have any other suggestions?
About the second stage, the Scubapro C370, does anyone have one? What's the opinion?

Got the g260 and i am happy. Very good regulator. You can dive cold water and its not too heavy, so u can still travel with it. Just a solid regulator, cant go wrong with it

Got the g260 and i am happy. Very good regulator. You can dive cold water and its not too heavy, so u can still travel with it. Just a solid regulator, cant go wrong with it
what's the first stage?

I have the C370, it’s a very nice reg.
MK17 is perfect.
G260 is an excellent second, a proven design truly one of the best out there.
I wouldn’t pay extra for an s600 over a G260.

I have the C370, it’s a very nice reg.
MK17 is perfect.
G260 is an excellent second, a proven design truly one of the best out there.
I wouldn’t pay extra for an s600 over a G260.
Do you think the g260 is better than the c370?

Do you think the g260 is better than the c370?
No, it is a completely different animal that is more in completion with the s600, the G is bigger and heavier and is nearly perfect in design, the C shows great promise but the G is at the top of the hill.

No, it is a completely different animal that is more in completion with the s600, the G is bigger and heavier and is nearly perfect in design, the C shows great promise but the G is at the top of the hill.
So in your opinion is the price difference worth it? (100€/113$)

Thanks for your feedback

So in your opinion is the price difference worth it? (100€/113$)

Thanks for your feedback
The C is totally new, I have had great success with my one example (no reason to think they aren’t all great) I bought it for travel but haven’t been able to travel with it, used in in Monterey, love it but the G260 is a true high performance workhorse, the D420 is the only thing bumping it from the top of my heap, if you want proven performance go G260. Worth it, I don’t know so maybe

The C is totally new, I have had great success with my one example (no reason to think they aren’t all great) I bought it for travel but haven’t been able to travel with it, used in in Monterey, love it but the G260 is a true high performance workhorse, the D420 is the only thing bumping it from the top of my heap, if you want proven performance go G260. Worth it, I don’t know so maybe
Thanks for your feedback

Back
Top Bottom