Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoachWade

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone have any ideas who’s behind the chest mount rebreather the entertainers on dive talk are about to start selling called the “Dive Talk Go”?

If you haven’t already heard they are about to release “their own” chest mount recreational rebreather.
www.divetalkgo.com

I wonder if they will have a CE rating on it 🤔

Mike Young the founder of KISS, there is a video post back when people thought it would be sold under the KISS name

Mike Young the founder of KISS, there is a video post back when people thought it would be sold under the KISS name
Mike Young is not the founder of KISS. Gordon Smith from Vancouver is. Mike bought it in 2012.

Anyone have any ideas who’s behind the chest mount rebreather the entertainers on dive talk are about to start selling called the “Dive Talk Go”?

If you haven’t already heard they are about to release “their own” chest mount recreational rebreather.
www.divetalkgo.com

I wonder if they will have a CE rating on it 🤔

When I hear the phrase "recreational rebreather" It makes me think of the Mares Horizon. And we see how well that POS turned out. About as useful as a white crayon

Can't wait to see what the next sales gimmick is for DEMA

Just posted this in another thread but this one works aswell.
I think the unit looks Allright if you're into some light diving where going full tek isn't necessary.
Having your regular backmount cylinder as your dil/bailout isn't a change for a lot of divers which might lower the bar for maybe purchasing a unit like this.
They told me prices were going to be from $3500 and the unit gets delivered with a 4 pin connector standard. Also without sensors. It will take regular vandegraph style sensors.
I also got the manual and minimum training standards.

Attachments

• 2024 DT Go Minimum Training Standards - Level 1 1.pdf
    128.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Divetalk GO Retail Manual R.1.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 160
Interesting how "kiss go" no longer exists and now it was rebranded as "dive talk go"

Given that Patrick explicitly mentioned he wasn't happy with the quality of instructors that appeared under the previous kiss leadership, I was surprised to see "kiss go" born to begin with

But looks like now "kiss go" is dead and Patrick continues cleaning up house

I would totally buy a “recreational” rebreather.

I’d love to be able to dive without all the bubbles of open circuit, even though I’m not interested in technical diving or cave/overhead diving. I’d just like to dive bubble free.

I also like the idea of having a standard cylinder on my back for bailout/dil/emergency use.

Back
Top Bottom