Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Given that Patrick explicitly mentioned he wasn't happy with the quality of instructors that appeared under the previous kiss leadership, I was surprised to see "kiss go" born to begin with
Pretty sure they have not improved

Just posted this in another thread but this one works aswell.
I think the unit looks Allright if you're into some light diving where going full tek isn't necessary.
Having your regular backmount cylinder as your dil/bailout isn't a change for a lot of divers which might lower the bar for maybe purchasing a unit like this.
They told me prices were going to be from $3500 and the unit gets delivered with a 4 pin connector standard. Also without sensors. It will take regular vandegraph style sensors.
I also got the manual and minimum training standards.
I wonder if the 3.5lb capacity is true? They lied about the capacity of the sidewinder, its much smaller than advertised and nobody has ever corrected that "error"

Pretty sure they have not improved
Nope not yet, its a plan for the future

there will be some reevaluation or some other screening process in place for SW2

I am going off memory what Patrick said in one of the interviews, I should find it again and re listen how he phrased it exactly because it will be a huge project if he wants to do it right

The depth limitations is from the CMF and the O2 regulator intermediate pressure(IM). You would need a smaller CMF/needle valve and a higher IM to go deeper.
Absolutely. When I designed my unit based on a Draeger Dolphin, I used a .003" (.076mm) orifice which gives a max depth with CMF of 100 msw with an IP of 240 psi (16 bara). But, a .003 orifice can clog very easily. Also you can not use a conventional 1st stage without modification to an absolute pressure unit to maintain the predicted CMF. (CMF - constant mass flow)
rebreather support page
Mod 8

I wonder if the 3.5lb capacity is true? They lied about the capacity of the sidewinder, its much smaller than advertised and nobody has ever corrected that "error"
I hope they don't lie. But we'll have to check when the unit is available. We all know cm setups are low can volume. But every extra bit helps.

I hope they don't lie. But we'll have to check when the unit is available. We all know cm setups are low can volume. But every extra bit helps.
weird, my CM takes the same scrubber as my BM unit. Literally exactly the same scrubber.

Hopefully they allow tdi or intd to certify people on the unit. There's a lot of talk about DT making their own training agency.
Who would insure these clowns?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom