Dive Talk Go Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually have some love for Dive Talk since their videos in part inspired me to get certified some years back, and I still watch some of their videos as entertainment.

However now that they have a training agency and are manufacturing/selling equipment, I'm a little worried at their lack of professionalism.

They are now pushing this CCR to inexperienced divers as a solution to high gas consumption among other things, and that sounds like a horrible idea to me. The way they ridicule the criticism they receive and the uncritical way they use their channel to push sponsored products and now their own, gives me an uneasy feeling.

The defense that they're just entertainers and shouldn't be held accountable clearly holds no weight at all.

Plenty of time for clowning around solo under double dive boats whilst the others are surface intervaling
manuals are great for stuff you maybe didn't already know, to be prepped for your cough, cough, course

I know the needle valve guy got the springs and can't wait for a cheap horizon to pop up so I can close it
Just like I did with the Mares Azimuth and continue to explore diving CCR solo recreationally until I don't

Always harping about worst case, sorb prep cleaning cells, it's a cultural thing, is no way to live, or die-ve

When I hear the phrase "recreational rebreather" It makes me think of the Mares Horizon. And we see how well that POS turned out. About as useful as a white crayon

Can't wait to see what the next sales gimmick is for DEMA
Rec Rebreather is more of a training class. RCCRs do have to have certain features Tec CCRs don't, but a CCR in a rec dive profile is kickass! Most have 5-6h of scrubber. For photos and seeing aquatic life up close nothing beats a CCR. One crap piece of equipment doesn't kill an application. REC CCR use is common and many users build their experience this way before moving to tec/rec (150ft) or full tech.

Just saying.
B

Rec Rebreather is more of a training class. RCCRs do have to have certain features Tec CCRs don't, but a CCR in a rec dive profile is kickass! Most have 5-6h of scrubber. For photos and seeing aquatic life up close nothing beats a CCR. One crap piece of equipment doesn't kill an application. REC CCR use is common and many users build their experience this way before moving to tec/rec (150ft) or full tech.

Just saying.
B
Too bad there are no rec versions of hypoxia, hyperoxia, or hypercapnia.

Sorry my mistake I didnt realize I steped into a TROLL chat. Mitigating These are a part of all levels of instruction. The 3 H drills as they are refered to.

Its sad people just seem to want to troll instead of opening their minds to other points of view and maybe learning.

Its a big scarry world for some and its an adventure for others.

Sorry my mistake I didnt realize I steped into a TROLL chat. Mitigating These are a part of all levels of instruction. The 3 H drills as they are refered to.

Its sad people just seem to want to troll instead of opening their minds to other points of view and maybe learning.

Maybe it seems like trolling, but some of the points made here are very valid. If we learned anything from RF4, it is we aren't really getting better at reducing rebreather incidents and the accident rate is not trending favorably since RF3 (over 10 years ago). With rebreathers becoming more and more mainstream, naturally manufacturers will try to push into new (or existing but untapped) markets like the recreational space. And while that isn't a problem per se, if you step back and look at the fact rebreather safety has not drastically improved, and the fact rebreathers are more or less the same functionality-wise from 10 years ago, what evidence do we have that introducing rebreathers to a much broader audience won't have the same unintended consequences? I'm not trying to judge people from an ivory tower, but if you take a look at a random dive boat and your average diver, it's a miracle more people don't kill themselves on open circuit, let alone a rebreather. And I would hate to see people dying on "recreational" rebreathers (which, IMO, is a fake term) just because they can't figure out how to lower their SAC rate (which is usually a training or experience issue to begin with).

There were several attempts to create recreational rebreathers. They failed mostly because there was no robust market for people willing to go through additional expense and training while limiting themselves to recreational dive profiles. If you obtain proper CC training, you will realize that CC is tech, and you can get into serious issues even if you dive rec profiles - there are no rec versions of 3Hs. You will also realize that buying a typical rebreather is a much better option because it opens more opportunities.

GO will eventually join the obsolete Explorers on eBay.

Except the GO is a fully functioning rb capable of 200ft trimix dives out of the box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom