Custom masks that fit perfectly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an "indent" on the left side of my head due to childhood surgery. I would snorkel while holding my left hand against my mask to try to keep it sealed. (Picture me going in circles with only my right arm paddling - LOL). I have tried gluing pieces in masks, etc... In the end, I've given up. But, now that we're in the Keys most of the year, I really would love to find a mask that I could just wear and enjoy the sea again. I would volunteer for any testing you need. Thanks for working on this concept.

Hello all, I wanted to update the forum that I have signed up my first 10 pilot customers and will be travelling to scan their data in the next month or so. Please respond to this thread if you are interested in the the follow on offering!

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I've updated my blog with some new information on the 3D scanner that we're using, the David SLS-2. Make sure to check it out!

Just wanted to update the forum on my progress. You can check out our new updated website www.reeftoridge.com and place a pre-order. We are taking pilot customer orders now, custom masks have become a reality!

blue mask.jpg

Does anyone have interest in a completely custom fitted mask? Our process uses a 3D model of your face to form the skirt, nose and lip portions, and placement of the lense. This results in a perfect fit with absolutely minimum volume. You can choose custom lense options and colors too. Developed originally for Navy divers engaged in 6+ hour dives.
Yes
I want one . Still make one here ? Thanks

Web site is SNAFU....I assume this didnt take off?

I had 2 prototypes. The op is a great guy but his resources went away b4 he could complete the process. It was a great project, I hope someone takes it up again. I heard some time ago there was a similar project at the University of Michigan. It was going to be started in the Bahamas with proceeds to help charity work there. But I've never heard about a working site.

I had 2 prototypes. The op is a great guy but his resources went away b4 he could complete the process. It was a great project, I hope someone takes it up again. I heard some time ago there was a similar project at the University of Michigan. It was going to be started in the Bahamas with proceeds to help charity work there. But I've never heard about a working site.
I had the same experience. Great guy, but he couldn't continue. I've since found a great mask for myself, so I'm all good on this front.

What mask did you end up with?

I'm pretty happy with my new Beauchat maxlux small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom