Custom masks that fit perfectly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rturk3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have interest in a completely custom fitted mask? Our process uses a 3D model of your face to form the skirt, nose and lip portions, and placement of the lense. This results in a perfect fit with absolutely minimum volume. You can choose custom lense options and colors too. Developed originally for Navy divers engaged in 6+ hour dives.

What material would the skirt be ???......How much ????.....And could lenses from an existing mask be transferred to the new one ???.....

The skirt is industry standard medical grade silicone. Existing lenses could be integrated. Please contact me via PM for more details.

I would think the upper end of mask pricing in the scuba market is about $150.00. You may be able to go a bit higher if you include vision correction. But even at that price you are going to be a boutique mask. I would venture a guess that most divers spend less than $100 for a mask.

this is a way cool concept. I'll be keeping an eye on it. How do you plan to get a mold on people that aren't local?

Not only is this interesting, but it might solve the universal problem with students being sold the wrong masks . . . but it would have to be affordable.

Not only is this interesting, but it might solve the universal problem with students being sold the wrong masks . . . but it would have to be affordable.
pretty much exactly my thoughts. I doubt it'll be all that affordable right off the bat. But with top quality glass, it would make one hell of a top of the line mask as it's entry into the market. I understand the tech wont be cheap right off the bat, and the prices will reflect that. But with all technology, it'll become more affordable as time goes on

Back
Top Bottom