Custom masks that fit perfectly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a mini Grand Canyon on my upper lip and need to apply some silicone to the skirt or I get constant leaks in any mask. A custom one that could prevent this would be very nice.

i would be interested as I have a small face and most masks leak,, plus the tip of my nose protrudes so even if i wear a mask that fits my face, there will be continuous pressure on my nose which makes it hard to equalize and always really sore towards the end of the dive :fail:

How is the development going on this mask? This thread has been relatively inactive for some time.
I too have difficulty getting masks that fit well, even though I shave a space below my nose, above my mustache.

Thanks for everyone's interest. Development continues. Please check out my progress blog at: reeftoridge.com. I just posted on how I generate 3D face models from nothing but photographs. Please reach out to me view private message or at my email address. I am trying to speak with as many divers as possible about their mask challenges. I'll then work with them to test my concept.

i would be interested as I have a small face and most masks leak,, plus the tip of my nose protrudes so even if i wear a mask that fits my face, there will be continuous pressure on my nose which makes it hard to equalize and always really sore towards the end of the dive :fail:

I have a small, narrow face and the only mask I've had in coming in 18 years that doesn't leak on me is an Atomic Frameless in medium, I now own three as am scared they'll stop making them one day. I've spent "a lot" of money on masks over the years. Good luck, it can be an expensive and frustrating search.

Try wearing your mask lower on your face and make sure the strap is lower on the back of your head as if mask is too high on your face or strap is too high on your head it will pull upwards and create pressure at the base of your nose and can become very painful very quickly and will hurt for several days.

I got your PM. Will be in touch probably tomorrow. Do you have an idea of cost for these?

I have a small, narrow face and the only mask I've had in coming in 18 years that doesn't leak on me is an Atomic Frameless in medium, I now own three as am scared they'll stop making them one day. I've spent "a lot" of money on masks over the years. Good luck, it can be an expensive and frustrating search.

Try wearing your mask lower on your face and make sure the strap is lower on the back of your head as if mask is too high on your face or strap is too high on your head it will pull upwards and create pressure at the base of your nose and can become very painful very quickly and will hurt for several days.
Hi buddhasummer, do u find the Scubapro Solo providing the same comfort as the Atomic Frameless 1 & 2??

Hi buddhasummer, do u find the Scubapro Solo providing the same comfort as the Atomic Frameless 1 & 2??

I've never tried the SP Solo and last time I checked the Atomic Frameless 2 didn't come in a medium so cannot comment. I did find the Hollis M1 to be a pretty good fit despite its comparatively larger skirt, but not quite as good as the AF1 in medium.

JohnnyC, I look forward to hearing from you. Cost isn't finalized yet so please keep that in mind:

Once standard pricing is establish I anticipate: $320 for the first mask and $130 for each mask after that (for life).

During development prices will be in 3 rounds so to speak: my initial 10 pilot customers, the next 60 "beta" customers, and then after that standard pricing not including promotions. Our products will always be fully refundable. For pilot pricing: It looks like $375 for first mask, each additional mask at cost for life, as a reward for being one of my first customers. Prices will come down after each round.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom