Can You 'Really' Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is this trainwreck still going?

Last edited:
:trainwreck: :trainwreck:

Not everyone can be as legendary as you.

Thanks for your courtesy. I was under the understanding that some people found my postings useful; obviously you're not one of them. I'll keep that in-mind in the future. Have a nice day.

My son and I are doing a novice dive at three barges in Pensacola this weekend. (This will be dives 8 and 9 for us.) Just to be cautious, I am paying for a DM. If he's going to babysit us, rather than just guide us during the dive, I 'd rather cancel his services. What do you think? Will a Florida DM treat us as new but competent divers, or as helpless newbies?

I think this is a question that is better addressed to the DM. Speak to him of your expectations and come to an agreement ahead of time. That way you can spend your time enjoying your dive, not sorting out issues.

I think we all agree that it is the attitude the OP is bitching about, not the physical limitations. Therefore, I "move" the OP lock this thread so that ScubaSteve's train wreck can be put back on the tracks.

:thumb:

My son and I are doing a novice dive at three barges in Pensacola this weekend. (This will be dives 8 and 9 for us.) Just to be cautious, I am paying for a DM. If he's going to babysit us, rather than just guide us during the dive, I 'd rather cancel his services. What do you think? Will a Florida DM treat us as new but competent divers, or as helpless newbies?

I'm not sure that a DM is really needed for the three barges unless maybe this is your first ocean dive. Of course, if it makes you feel better then sure, hire one.

Thanks for your courtesy. I was under the understanding that some people found my postings useful; obviously you're not one of them. I'll keep that in-mind in the future. Have a nice day.

It is not that I do not find your posts interesting. It is just that every one of them say how your method is superior to everybody and nobody teaches to your standards. I do appreciate reading what you have to say, I come here to learn. I apologize for not being courteous, I just wanted to point out that you are not the only one that knows how to teach a course. Others are well qualified too. NOT all of them are good. You have stated that again and again and again. Is it the answer to all problems? No, human error will step in and bite. Even the best of the best have died from simple human error. Will PROPER training help? ABSOLUTELY but you are not the only one that teaches a good course.

Again I have apologized for my inappropriate comment. And will remove my earlier post.

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom