Broken Bow. Two Thumbs up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dammit! How many times do I have to tell you! Damn is spelled "D-A-M". :)

Nice report. Glad you liked the place. The first time I went up there was close to 20 years ago. It sure is pretty country. You gotta be careful when stepping over cable gates or you could end up on your backside. Or so I hear. That goat trail to the water is quite a hike.

If your interested in cave, I'll echo another comment and say go buy steel tanks, takes care of the weight problem!

I am planing on it, just that dang money thing always gets in the way. Probably going to get a set of 108's in the next few months.

Dammit! How many times do I have to tell you! Damn is spelled "D-A-M". :)

Nice report. Glad you liked the place. The first time I went up there was close to 20 years ago. It sure is pretty country. You gotta be careful when stepping over cable gates or you could end up on your backside. Or so I hear. That goat trail to the water is quite a hike.

I like spelling it like DAMN though. Its just more fun to say. Reminds me of Vegas Vacation. "Where can I get some Dam bait."

Hehe, I saw that over their by the spill way. All I could think was, that looks like something I would trip over and kill my self on.

Frank and I plus a few others here have made some cool dives at various spots on the lake,,,,,there is a way neat island dive and its from shore! Let me know when you are next heading north....maybe I need a good outing.... :)

Think you're ready to boat around the lake in search of the ultimate dive site? :D:D:D

I feel an expedition growing, yo! Frank! :cool2:

~tony

Think you're ready to boat around the lake in search of the ultimate dive site? :D:D:D

I feel an expedition growing, yo! Frank! :cool2:

~tony

Tony good to hear from you dude!!!

I am still not cleared for diving :( .....but might be able to surface support a dive team,,,,let me know if you have plans to do a BB lake run, and I will try to be available. Bet Frank would be up to going if he could like me. I hope you are doing good and your family too.

For here in the Texas- I cannot agree more.
Once I went to Stl 98's (LP) that was perfect.
I would recommend LP galvanized tanks...

Then again this is my first season semi-closed so we will see what that brings.
Back to shallow water for me. :vintagediver:

Andrew

For here in the Texas- I cannot agree more.
Once I went to Stl 98's (LP) that was perfect.
I would recommend LP galvanized tanks...

Then again this is my first season semi-closed so we will see what that brings.
Back to shallow water for me. :vintagediver:

Andrew

Andrew were going to die you know.........:):eyebrow::crafty:

........................................................................................................................

............Just kidding of course.....keep us posted on your progress and dives! Great to see you posting, and as always, good advise and information you provide.

!!You all are making me feel like a weenie using my favorite sized double LP85's...:mooner:

Ryan--- My advise and it's worth only your consideration of thought, is if your a '1 set steel doubles diver' --- select what fits 'you' best and will do the job/task that you expect to dive. If it is 108's then that is a good pick for 'you'. For me it's a smaller size/wt. set of doubles, and for me it works great (LP85's with a good tech fill-- :wink: ),,,I have done time at 300+ft. . All sizes of steel cylinders have a place and use, as each of us require cylinders based several factors and conditions.

Andrew were going to die you know.........:):eyebrow::crafty:
........................................................................................................................

............Just kidding of course.....keep us posted on your progress and dives! Great to see you posting, and as always, good advise and information you provide.

!!You all are making me feel like a weenie using my favorite sized double LP85's...:mooner:

Ryan--- My advise and it's worth only your consideration of thought, is if your a '1 set steel doubles diver' --- select what fits 'you' best and will do the job/task that you expect to dive. If it is 108's then that is a good pick for 'you'. For me it's a smaller size/wt. set of doubles, and for me it works great (LP85's with a good tech fill-- :wink: ),,,I have done time at 300+ft. . All sizes of steel cylinders have a place and use, as each of us require cylinders based several factors and conditions.

So far it seems that 108's are the best bet for me, the guy I am going to sometime take my cave classes through recommended that size tank for me, being the size I am. I will probebly rent a few different sets before I make the big purchase but I am pretty set on LP cylinders just not sure of size.

Glad you are OK Ryan! Wow! Those runaway dry suits (loss of weight) can be really exciting (in a bad way). I am glad you are ok.

I keep my vent cranked all the way open, as I ascend most of the time the gas just comes out I don't have to do anything or make special stops or anything like that it just comes out as it expands.

If I'm too head down on ascent I feel a bubble forming in my back in the suit I lift my left arm, bubble moves to left arm then I "chicken wing" my arm and the gas comes out, this is a constant activity based on how my suit "feels".

Not sure how to explain it, its more of a constant gas leak vs like with my wing were I"ll dump gas at intervals based on how fast I'm going up etc.

I completely agree with Fixxer on this one. I fully close my vent during the descent phase. Once reaching my bottom depth, I fully open my valve then I start chicken winging if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom