Small issue with my Calypso IV today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the 1990s I've used nothing but 1085 second stages for all but two of well over 300 dives and I'm having a terrible time figuring out how yours went adrift without you knowing it. Also what was left on your hose? I can't imagine what would make it come apart or how. Did part of the body actually break or what?

The Curious Frog 🐸??
Just volcano orifice and a few threads. :acclaim:

HLs5vF.jpg

I have a new seat that I got from Bryan. IP creep due to piston knife edge damage. Great breather but the IP issue needs fixing. What kind of trade do you have in mind?
Here is the piston I can mail to you,had to show off the extra box of regulators I found looking for the ammunition boxes of parts.
IMG_20240902_073247.jpg

That's the way you take it apart after it comes off the hose and you're doing a complete teardown. I can't imagine how it would loosen up suddenly and drop the rest of the second stage. It must have loosened up over time, and as you say, just being held by a thread. I am amazed that it wasn't leaking like crazy for the whole duration of the dive.
The more I learn, the confuseder I get!
Froggie 🐸
PS Once upon a time, I started taking apart a 1085 box from an Aquarius and what unscrewed easily was the joint you show. At the time I was told that was highly unusual and cautioned to protect that volcano valve so it wouldn't get nicked and rendered useless.

I have that same box here, minus the piston. I think we are alot alike.
Off topic, I know.
More than you think, as my DMs say.
Family name, ex Navy etc.

Piston arrived today! Will let you know how the repair goes. Many thanks Bob.

Attachments

• 20240916_155107.jpg
    20240916_155107.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 4
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom