Blue XT Sea Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some examples of the value beside muffins that I see with Blue XT Sea.

1. Great communication. Both before your trip and during your trip.
2. Great customer service. Christi will go way out of her way to help with referrals, lodging, meals, fears or concerns, etc. If you have a specific goal with your photography, she will truly help you achieve that goal.
3. She and her crew are fun! Great attitudes, super knowledgeable, very safe, Instructors, DMs and Captains.
4. Small groups and customized dives. We have ventured across the channel in her boat and done dives off the mainland just to change things up a bit.
5. Ok, ...Muffins too.:D

I think it was her website that showed a cenote/cavern dive on the mainland? Is that what you did? I would love to try that.

Christy will provide exactly what the OP asked for if her schedule allows it. Her op is who my wife and I used the last two times down and we'll be back again shortly. Cozumel has dozens of good dive ops, but Blue XT Sea is without a doubt one of them.

Have fun while you're there.

I think it was her website that showed a cenote/cavern dive on the mainland? Is that what you did? I would love to try that.
Did you email her about hiring a private boat?

Cenote diving on the mainland is a different deal entirely. She may well have contacts for that sort of thing, but since you're a one day visitor - well. How long will your tug be in port? It's an all day trip.
Most Coz divers look at pod people like "You're leaving soon, right?" but we try to be nice.

Christi took us over to the mainland in one of her boats and dove Tortugas reef. Its very different diving than Coz with carpet and finger coral and many many turtles and a herd of huge tarpon. Just a change of pace.

We've done cenote dives on the mainland with dive ops who specialize in Cenote diving. We've taken the ferry over to Playa del Carmen, met up with the local dive op and then proceeded in the dive op truck to the different cenotes. Highly recommended!
No matter who you dive with in Coz, just ask them to set it up for you. As I mentioned before though, Christi is a great communicator and is very persistent!

I'm going diving at Cozumel next year with my dive buddy while on some cruises in May and December and we're looking for a good dive shop at Cozumel. Blue XT Sea Diving was recommended on another forum and I noticed that they offer a private dive, which we would really like. Has anyone here dived with them, or do you have any other recommendations where we could get a private dive?

We did an independent two-tank dive in Barbados last month with supposedly experienced divers and it was a zoo, even though there were only about eight of us. We're really looking for a more private dive where we don't have to put up with flailing arms and rude, out-of-control divers.

Laurie, As many of us know, running into a crazy situation as you described has and/or will happen at some point. No matter what, even with the best planning, "It is what it is" and can not 100 % be avoided, unless you perhaps, as you mentioned hire a private boat and divemaster. My husband and I each are approaching our 200th Blue XT Sea Diving dives. Most dives have been with 6 divers on board and one divemaster, or less people and/or more than 1 divemaster if needed. Our diving experience with Christi and Divemasters, Pedro Pablo and Arturo as well as Captains Mago and Adan have not not only been excellent and amazing for the past several years, put also have taught us so much about diving. As others have mentioned, contact Christi directly with your questions. If you book with Blue XT Sea you will be well taken care of. Regardless of who you dive with, Have a wonderful time and Enjoy your dive trip and cruises Sue

PS: Those who want to accuse me of cheerleading.....well, whatever... :D I was going to say "Go pound sand" but that sounds a bit mean....so I won't say it , but I am thinking it. As they say in Texas..."Bless your heart" :angel:

Christi took us over to the mainland in one of her boats and dove Tortugas reef. Its very different diving than Coz with carpet and finger coral and many many turtles and a herd of huge tarpon. Just a change of pace.

We've done cenote dives on the mainland with dive ops who specialize in Cenote diving. We've taken the ferry over to Playa del Carmen, met up with the local dive op and then proceeded in the dive op truck to the different cenotes. Highly recommended!
No matter who you dive with in Coz, just ask them to set it up for you. As I mentioned before though, Christi is a great communicator and is very persistent!

OMG..if it was the same Tortuga trip I was on with you, I will say it is one of my top 10 special Cozumel diving memories. That was an AWESOME day ! Great to see your post ! Sue

OMG..if it was the same Tortuga trip I was on with you, I will say it is one of my top 10 special Cozumel diving memories. That was an AWESOME day ! Great to see your post ! Sue

Yep, that was a great day!
I haven't posted in the Coz section too much lately. Our warm water diving has taken us to a few places in the eastern Caribbean since we last saw you, but we'll come back around to Coz again pretty soon.
Good to see your posts too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom