Blue XT Sea Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a shame you spent all that money on your dives and no muffins. You certainly could have had the same dives with MANY other dive operators on Cozumel for much much cheaper and equal to better service to boot.

No personal info on your profile whatsoever. Totally anonymous internet troll :troll: who pops in occasionally to take swipes at people trying to earn a living. Your opinions are worthless.

What a shame you spent all that money on your dives and no muffins. You certainly could have had the same dives with MANY other dive operators on Cozumel for much much cheaper and equal to better service to boot.

No personal info on your profile whatsoever. Totally anonymous internet troll :troll: who pops in occasionally to take swipes at people trying to earn a living. Your opinions are worthless.

Sad to say, this particular troll often pops up and disrupts threads. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he also gets banned for awhile, then returns to start all over again. Seems to have a real issue with Christi/Blue XTSea, although I have not ever seen any of his posts provide specifics as to why. Most of us that have been around here awhile are aware of his negative non-constructive posts, but I guess he just keeps at it hoping he will deter any new people from possibly booking with Blue XTSea. Considering her widely popular reviews from her current customers, I doubt he'll have too much of an effect on any new person that researches before booking. My only complaint about Blue XTSea? Years ago when we first were going to Coz and we contacted Christi to book - based on all the good info we had read - she was booked solid! (Yeah, the nerve!!!:wink:) So (luckily) we ended up with Scuba with Alison, and became one of her lifers. However, if for some reason I couldn't book with Alison, I would be sure to check with BlueXTSea as one of my top choices.

And a side-note to the OP .... if Blue XTSea doesn't work out, or if you're checking out several options, give Scuba with Alison a look! She also runs a small personal dive op that takes great care of their customers, and often can adjust her schedule to accomodate a cruiser. :D

Oops :silly:

Last edited:
Many of us could suggest alternatives as there are many good Ops on Coz, but she only asked about one Op so I wouldn't. I hope she emailed Christi altho I wonder if she is really prepared to pay for a private boat with anyone, or is changing her mind to the cenotes - if her boat will be in port that long?

Actually Don, she did ask ....
I'm going diving at Cozumel next year with my dive buddy while on some cruises in May and December and we're looking for a good dive shop at Cozumel. Blue XT Sea Diving was recommended on another forum and I noticed that they offer a private dive, which we would really like. Has anyone here dived with them, or do you have any other recommendations where we could get a private dive?

... I mentioned Scuba with Alison specifically because she is often more flexible with her departures times to accommodate those off a cruise or traveling over from the mainland for the day - something not all ops will do. Guess it's one of the benefits of being the owner/operator!

Also ... I'm wondering if the OP just means a private DM - not a private boat, as I believe the private DM is what Blue XTSea offers on their website. (And as many other ops offer as well.) Of course I guess if money's no object, you could easily pay for the whole boat just for 2 of you!:glad:

Actually Don, she did ask ....
Oops, sorry. :blush:
... I mentioned Scuba with Alison specifically because she is often more flexible with her departures times to accommodate those off a cruise or traveling over from the mainland for the day - something not all ops will do. Guess it's one of the benefits of being the owner/operator!

Also ... I'm wondering if the OP just means a private DM - not a private boat, as I believe the private DM is what Blue XTSea offers on their website. (And as many other ops offer as well.) Of course I guess if money's no object, you could easily pay for the whole boat just for 2 of you!:glad:
And she did indeed say private dive, no not private boat, so maybe she just wants her own DM? Another good catch! :thumb:

Yep, I don't want the whole boat or the whole boat of divers. :)
:confused: I don't understand? You don't want a private boat, just your own private DM to lead you away from the others? Not so expensive.

With Coz drift diving, the skipper follows the general direction of the divers' drift and picks them up wherever they surface. Sometimes he's right there after following bubbles; sometimes he's close. I suppose a second DM could take a couple of a private tour of the same dive site away from the main group?

I simply don't want to be in a crowd of divers. My buddy and I would like a private dive, if possible, or at least a small group. I consider a small group to be four divers and a DM.

See my trip report...We dove with Deep Blue and as I am a photographer also, found it difficult to follow the group in an environment where there may be some divers who are in Cozumel to "drift" in the current. I am there to take photos of the critters, reef, etc....and I may want to take several shots of the same subject.

Gary with Deep Blue suggested that next time I should do what you are planning and have our own Divemaster. He seemed to think that it wouldn't be a problem to have more than one DM on the boat and split the groups. I would have happily paid $30-$40 extra to go at my own pace on several dives that I felt hurried on. We were used to paying $120-$150 per person/per day in Hawaii so Cozumel feels like a bargain!

I simply don't want to be in a crowd of divers. My buddy and I would like a private dive, if possible, or at least a small group. I consider a small group to be four divers and a DM.
Your best option, IMO, would be to arrange for a private DM. You could go out with another group but be dropped at a different spot on the reef. If you could expand your tolerance of other divers to four or so you would have more (less expensive) options; there are plenty of ops that have boats that size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom