Blue XT Sea Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Glenn, sure you can't wait until April when my wife and I will be there..:D
Joe (BWD)

To answer the original poster, we'll be diving with Blue XT Sea. It's the only dive Op we use in Coz.....

Hey Joe! I failed to recognize your avatar. I'd love to dive with you in April - but don't think I could last the additional two months waiting for some quality dives :D

On topic, since there were a total of six divers on our boat with BlueXTSea and the two of us had a private DM, everyone got lots of personal attention. Although these were our first ocean dives, Christie dropped the private DM requirement after two days as we were comfortable and in control. We kept the private DM for the week anyway because they were so fantastic at leading us to the best critters to see. A perfect set up for us as a buddy pair with the DM to lead us as we gained experience.

Please don't get me wrong, I often dive in San Carlos off a boat where there may be 30 divers. But we're able to go our own way and stay away from the big group or smaller groups that are there. We know the area and can dive on our own. But when we're in an unfamiliar area we like to have a guide and fewer divers. After that experience on Barbados with some supposedly experienced divers, I decided that life is too short to put up with that sort of stuff, if I can afford to avoid it.

Please don't get me wrong, I often dive in San Carlos off a boat where there may be 30 divers. But we're able to go our own way and stay away from the big group or smaller groups that are there. We know the area and can dive on our own. But when we're in an unfamiliar area we like to have a guide and fewer divers. After that experience on Barbados with some supposedly experienced divers, I decided that life is too short to put up with that sort of stuff, if I can afford to avoid it.

Laurie, You are absolutely right. Set your path for a positive outcome. Overall, there are several dive ops in Cozumel that can meet your needs. Blue XT Sea diving is one of them and happens to be my first choice, as it is for many divers. Small, fast 6-pack boats. Refreshments. Boutique service. A private Divemaster for hire if you choose to do so. Or, perhaps reserve the entire boat for the day if you want total privacy.

I have for a long time recommended for folks to read the reviews, decide on a short list of at least 3 - 5 dive ops that offer and sound like what you are looking for, then contact them directly. If the first op does not contact you or can not accommodate you, then move on. For instance Scuba with Allison, and Liquid Blue would be in my top 3. Just know that Cozumel dive ops can book very quickly especially during peak times of year. However, if you have 3 - 5 ops that would work for you, then you probably will be satisfied.

Regardless of who you dive with, Have a Wonderful time !

Sue

Just finishing up a week w/Blue XT Sea. First time w/them and completely happy w/service, DM's, planning/judgment and the size of the groups/boats.

Christi is easy to deal with, and I "tested" her with multiple texts and emails about arrangements, timing, etc. I'm planning to dive w/her/them next trip to Cozumel. I tend to stay w/a high quality vendor once I've found them.

As a side note, Scuba-du gets high marks on this board. I assume they deserve them and can't say one way or the other. But the boat of theirs I saw leaving our dock each morning was one I was glad to not be on. Sooo many people. Can't imagine what the entry into the water was like. They're probably a great organization, judging from the comments elsewhere on this board.

Having dove on several of those big boats with large groups things aren't what you think. Because the rules restrict the number of divers per DM in the park those divers get put into groups of 8 (or less) usually grouped by experience level, and each group is dropped off far enough apart that you usually don't see the others until back on the boat.
Now I'll add a couple of other names to the list of those already mentioned who also fit the needs asked for, but I also agree about those already named too.
Scubatony & Pelagic Ventures have loose schedules and may be able to work with your arrival time, plus deliver the experience you're after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom