Blue XT Sea Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going diving at Cozumel next year with my dive buddy while on some cruises in May and December and we're looking for a good dive shop at Cozumel. Blue XT Sea Diving was recommended on another forum and I noticed that they offer a private dive, which we would really like. Has anyone here dived with them, or do you have any other recommendations where we could get a private dive?

We did an independent two-tank dive in Barbados last month with supposedly experienced divers and it was a zoo, even though there were only about eight of us. We're really looking for a more private dive where we don't have to put up with flailing arms and rude, out-of-control divers.

Have done many, many dives with them and will be diving with them again next week. I highly recommend them. Have a great time!

My daughter and I dove with BlueXTC on our first dive trip two years ago. We had a private dive master for our trip, required at first both for our own safety and to ensure that (in case we had issues which we did not) we would not hold up other divers. We had a great time, and learned a lot. They use small fast boats, so the groups are always small. The DM's were knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and very helpful.

A nice snack, water always available, and surface intervals on the beach. We enjoyed ourselves so much we immediately planned more dive trips. Two years and 80 dives later, we will be returning to Cozumel in February. We never thought of booking with anyone else, and will be diving with BlueXTC once again. We can't wait!

A great dive op (yes I use them, and others too) but most of the time her boats are out on the reefs before cruise passengers get ashore. You'd need to contact Christi (the moderator of this forum & owner of the op) to see whether she can (or is willing) to work with your docking schedule.

I really fail to understand why some people choose to pay so much for a 2 tank dive trip in Cozumel. There are MANY small fast boats on the island with good service. If you really think it is worth while to pay an extra $30-$40 per dive trip for nothing more than a few warm muffins so be it. I say eat before you dive bring your own water and then spend the $30-$40 extra on a nice dinner downtown.:merryxmas:

I really fail to understand why some people choose to pay so much for a 2 tank dive trip in Cozumel. There are MANY small fast boats on the island with good service. If you really think it is worth while to pay an extra $30-$40 per dive trip for nothing more than a few warm muffins so be it. I say eat before you dive bring your own water and then spend the $30-$40 extra on a nice dinner downtown.:merryxmas:

I bet there are many, many things in life that you fail to understand.... :dork2:

Thanks, I appreciate the input! We're not diving for the muffins, we're diving for new, unique spots without being in a cattle boat situation. I'm a photographer and being in a large group is frustrating.

We had such a bad experience at Barbados with that particular group of people that we're willing to pay a bit more to get a private dive. Nothing wrong with Barbados or the dive shop, just the fellow divers with us. I had one diver come up between my legs and get tangled with my compass, which was on a retractor cord. I had been "sitting" still shooting some propellers on a wreck and he dove into me. When we got back on the boat, he started blaming me for having a compass clipped to my bc! Then, as I was about to enter the wreck through a small hatch, another diver cut me off and I had to pull up suddenly. Throw in the fact we had another diver toss our equipment on the floor so she could sit where we had been, and it's lucky we kept our tempers.

I hope this works out, our ship gets in at 8 am and we leave at 11 pm. We can hustle, but I know it still takes time to get to the shop. We'd also be interested in a night dive.

I've also had great experiences with Blue XT Sea. Small but fast boats and a lot of repeat customers. Great DM's. I don't think you'll have any of the problems you described from your Barbados trip.

XTC I have never dove with but look up Aldora divers. They may also be what your looking for.

There are a number of very very good, lower priced/lower level of service dive ops on Coz; I have dived with several over the past 10 years. It's also true you get what you pay for-so it depends on what you want. When I do go with Blue XT Sea, I get what I pay for, and then some. It's not about the muffins; you just wish it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom