Blue Hole Dec 10-11th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
Right now it looks like about 15 based on who has responded on the calandar, and a couple I know about who have not, but will likely go. We shall see if we get more interest in the upcoming week.

As to when, I think that depends on if people are interested in doing a night dive. That would likely depend upon the weather as if it's cold diving at night makes for a cold exit, and some may not be interested in that.

If nobody else is interested in doing the night dive thing we can bag that idea, and maybe 6:00pm is a good time to schedule dinner. If people want to dive at night, likley a 7:00pm dinner is more appropriate.
You're handling this so well - just let me know later in the week. The time & number can be changed later.

When I did this once before there, I scheduled supper for 8pm - didnt work well. 6 or 7 sounds better. :wink:

RonFrank:
Right now it looks like about 15 based on who has responded on the calandar, and a couple I know about who have not, but will likely go. We shall see if we get more interest in the upcoming week.

As to when, I think that depends on if people are interested in doing a night dive. That would likely depend upon the weather as if it's cold diving at night makes for a cold exit, and some may not be interested in that.

If nobody else is interested in doing the night dive thing we can bag that idea, and maybe 6:00pm is a good time to schedule dinner. If people want to dive at night, likley a 7:00pm dinner is more appropriate.
Any night dive when the temps dip down in the 40° is pretty tough, drysuit or not! :frosty: However, if you'all are game, I'll do it!!

Hardcore!!:snorkel: :59:

ABQdiver:
Any night dive when the temps dip down in the 40° is pretty tough, drysuit or not! :frosty: However, if you'all are game, I'll do it!!

Ewwww, I'll wait for you at Josephs. :ice:

The night dive sounds fun. The exit sounds miserable. I will bring my lights, drysuit, and a robe and fleece and blankets, and then think about it!

Planning the food is not my forte, but I will bring tarps for staging gear.

I need a dive buddy and a room-mate for hotel. Still looking for a co-pilot for the drive. If there are no takers, I may go with Ron.

I will have to drive back that evening so won't be able to do the night dive. I've done one there while it was snowing in a wet suit. Come on guys.....it's fun!

While the picnic sounds fun it also sounds like a lot of trouble and a little risky (considering weather). Should we abandon the idea all together? Maybe some can bring snacks and hot chocolate. I'm game for whatever.

Divedoggie:
The night dive sounds fun. The exit sounds miserable. I will bring my lights, drysuit, and a robe and fleece and blankets, and then think about it!

Planning the food is not my forte, but I will bring tarps for staging gear.

I need a dive buddy and a room-mate for hotel. Still looking for a co-pilot for the drive. If there are no takers, I may go with Ron.

Hi,

Sent you a PM. As for a Dive Buddy, you can hook up with Dan and myself if we can not find a fourth. ThreeSomes are generally harder to manage, but I think we can handle it:D Dan is a good buddy, we did our Certification together, and he hung out with our class of 2 when I did my AOW. We generally do a good job of staying together, so I think adding a third is not an issue.

I'm diving dry, and am not all that comfortable with the suit yet. I did one dive Dry at Aurora, and I was constantly screwing around with my buoyancy, so hopfully after a few more dives I'll get the hang of this thing, but I may not be as attentive as I normally am on the first couple dives :11:

I'm going to keep it open for the night dive. I have a ..umm....history...of being not very reliable on showing up for night dives. C'mon...it's cold and I'm tired and ready for a beer. :) Whoever needs a buddy probably won't be a problem, I'm alone, scubajoh44 is also solo. I'm sure we can manage to hook up all the buddyless people. This will be my first freshwater dive...not sure how that will affect my bouyancy but I'm not too worried about it. I wear 18 # of lead in CA with a steel 100. Anyway...gonna be fun!! Please PM me in the next couple weeks with phone numbers.

scubajoh44:
I will have to drive back that evening so won't be able to do the night dive. I've done one there while it was snowing in a wet suit. Come on guys.....it's fun!

While the picnic sounds fun it also sounds like a lot of trouble and a little risky (considering weather). Should we abandon the idea all together? Maybe some can bring snacks and hot chocolate. I'm game for whatever.
Let's see how the 3-day forecast looks on the Wednesday prior. If good for picnic, I'll stop by the Subway at the Travel Center on 84 & I-40, get my sandwich and join you enterprising folks cooking out at the tables near the road.

If it looks iffy and people want to bail on the eat-outdoors, let's post those opinions, then. If you would like, I'll bring a sign, get the name of the suggested cafe that once told me they didn't mind me wearing my wet suit to lunch, and tape it inside the window of my pickup with the flags...????

If you've never been there, there's a good map at http://www.santarosanm.org/city_map.PDF - use right click tools to zoom in. Print it out and bring it.

Is everyone happy with Josephs party room for dinner? 6pm, 7pm, 8pm? If you've never been to Santa Rosa, you gotta see their T-shirts and curio junk sales anyway.

If you're like me and like a little Kahlua or Komora in your room decaf at night, the grocery down Rt 66 west of the town lake sells such late into the evening.

Jo, we really need to find you an appropriate roomie and economy hotel so you can stay over for dinner and Sunday morning dives. :)

ABQdiver:

BRRRR...... you guys are hardcore. I might be there... in my wetsuit freezing :)

Thanks Don, but my issue is a babysitter for overnight......not $$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom