Blue Hole Dec 10-11th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought I'd start a thread on this, and I added it to the event calandar! So you can sign up if you like to give everyone an idea of who all may be there, and list any details on this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?c=34

I will start by saying that I *THINK* Dan and myself will be there, but we have zero plans made other than we have PM'd a couple messages saying that we are both interested in going :D

Hope to see a bunch of SB members at the Hole, and if we get our act together, we should HOOK UP!! IF we are there (and I think we WILL BE), we will definately setup an area so that others can identify us, and hang out. With luck it will not be too cold. I'm diving Dry, but that does not make it warm outside.. So far this year, we have had GREAT weather... 70's in Denver Today.. unreal!

We should all plan on having dinner maybe on Saturday night. Diving together would also be fun, but potentially less practical. ABQDiver will be there running a class, so maybe we can hook up UW by circling his OW class at 20' like sharks!!

K, Nuf of my silly idea's. It would be fun to meet some more SB people. I had a BLAST in FL diving with SB members, and it would be GREAT to dive with some of the RMOysters. I'll be doing my SECOND~X drysuit dive, so if you see me upsidedown, well... Take a photo!!!

Right on...love the new thread. I am planning on being there as well, at this point. And dinner Sat eve. sounds splendid. This will be cool...i'm excited to meet some other NM and even the lesser blessed in any surrounding state. :) And Ron, as one who has floated foot first on the surface while learning the drysuit curve...I will certainly be the first there to snap a photo...er...I mean lend a hand. :)

RonFrank:
We should all plan on having dinner maybe on Saturday night. Diving together would also be fun, but potentially less practical. ABQDiver will be there running a class, so maybe we can hook up UW by circling his OW class at 20' like sharks!!

K, Nuf of my silly idea's. It would be fun to meet some more SB people. I had a BLAST in FL diving with SB members, and it would be GREAT to dive with some of the RMOysters. I'll be doing my SECOND~X drysuit dive, so if you see me upsidedown, well... Take a photo!!!

Great!! With friends like these, who needs bait??:D :D

Our LDS always parks and stages out of the Southeast set of picnic tables on the parking lot. There is always so much to do with a OW class, but I will definitely make time to come over and chat. Heck, if we can plan it right we might even get a dive in!!

Where are you guys/gals setting up your gear?

Dinner sounds good too!

ABQdiver:
Great!! With friends like these, who needs bait??:D :D

Our LDS always parks and stages out of the Southeast set of picnic tables on the parking lot. There is always so much to do with a OW class, but I will definitely make time to come over and chat. Heck, if we can plan it right we might even get a dive in!!

Where are you guys/gals setting up your gear?

Dinner sounds good too!

I'm not sure who is driving, but if it's me, I'll be in a big Dark Green Ford F-250 with a topper, and I generally like to back into the area opposite the parking lot across the channel (not quite sure how to describe this).

Maybe we should try and do a night dive with ABQDiver as his OW classes will be done by then, and none of his students can do the night dive thing :D We usually enter right at dusk, and do a short maybe 30 minute dive. This makes dinner a bit later, but we should be out of the water around 6:00pm.

Once I talk with Dan we can post a more definate schedule. I'll bring my camera and housing, and since there are very limited photo Ops at the hole, I guess the main target will be SB DIVERS!!

Maybe we can even do a BBQ, and potluck style Lunch, but I maybe getting ahead of myself. The weather will have a lot to do with it, as if it's cold than it makes it less fun to hang out the entire day at the site. Sounds like DandyDon will be there, and he seems like the type that will bring STUFF, and may want to help organize STUFF! :wink:

In any event it should be fun, and I'll certainly post more as the trip approaches.

RonFrank:
I'm not sure who is driving, but if it's me, I'll be in a big Dark Green Ford F-250 with a topper, and I generally like to back into the area opposite the parking lot across the channel (not quite sure how to describe this).

Maybe we should try and do a night dive with ABQDiver as his OW classes will be done by then, and none of his students can do the night dive thing :D We usually enter right at dusk, and do a short maybe 30 minute dive. This makes dinner a bit later, but we should be out of the water around 6:00pm.

Once I talk with Dan we can post a more definate schedule. I'll bring my camera and housing, and since there are very limited photo Ops at the hole, I guess the main target will be SB DIVERS!!

Maybe we can even do a BBQ, and potluck style Lunch, but I maybe getting ahead of myself. The weather will have a lot to do with it, as if it's cold than it makes it less fun to hang out the entire day at the site. Sounds like DandyDon will be there, and he seems like the type that will bring STUFF, and may want to help organize STUFF! :wink:

In any event it should be fun, and I'll certainly post more as the trip approaches.
The BBQ sounds like fun if it's not too cold. Since all of us are from out of town, we should keep it simple, IMO. Chips, dogs, burgers,soda. Potluck sounds great other than it's hard to potluck from a hotel room. And getting my dive gear together and 3 kids herded into the car will take ALL my attention. :) My husband will not be diving so I volunteer him to help organize. (Ha ha...he might change his mind and want to dive now! TOO LATE!! :) Are there picnic facilities or would we need to gather some grills?

HilaryRN71:
The BBQ sounds like fun if it's not too cold. Since all of us are from out of town, we should keep it simple, IMO. Chips, dogs, burgers,soda. Potluck sounds great other than it's hard to potluck from a hotel room. And getting my dive gear together and 3 kids herded into the car will take ALL my attention. :) My husband will not be diving so I volunteer him to help organize. (Ha ha...he might change his mind and want to dive now! TOO LATE!! :) Are there picnic facilities or would we need to gather some grills?

There are no grills. If we want to BBQ, then we can bring our own which is not an issue. If it's just me and Dan, both of us drive trucks, so bringing STUFF is not an issue. We could throw a Grill in the back of the truck, and I always bring a cooler as well. With temps in the evening in the 30F range, keeping things cool is not an issue for a couple of days.

OK, now we need a BAND!! Anyone up for Bluegrass, or Rock :D

I have no issue with driving. I have a truck, so there is no limit to space for equipment. It is an F250 Extended Cab, so I can take four, but the people in the back will be a bit cramped.

If anyone is interested from the Denver area, feel free to PM me.

I just spoke with Dan, and we are there! Sounds like we will be staying at the Best Western Adobe. Dan is booking the room, and while driving remains TBD, we R there!

The Pot Luck also sounds like a go. We will bring a BBQ grill. KISS is the idea, so we will do Dogs, Burgers, and whatever others want to bring.

Ron's right, there are no grills on the West side. There are a few (four total, IIRC) on the East side where we normally hang out. They are the charcoal type and you need charcoal and starting fluid. I usually bring a little propane type grill, just easier.

Hopefully the weather was as nice as last weekend. 68° and sunny, with no wind.

I'll be driving up for the day on the 10th. I'll bring whatever is needed for lunch. I can only probably stay till 5:00 or so. I have to drive back home that day. I drive a silver Santa Fe with a Texas dive flag on the back. We should pick a place and time to meet. What time do you all usually get in the water? When should I be there?

Back
Top Bottom