Blue Hole Dec 10-11th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver:
Ron's right, there are no grills on the West side. There are a few (four total, IIRC) on the East side where we normally hang out. They are the charcoal type and you need charcoal and starting fluid. I usually bring a little propane type grill, just easier.

Hopefully the weather was as nice as last weekend. 68° and sunny, with no wind.
Right, we've used those when DUI had Dog days there in December - which they are not doing anymore.

So are y'all talking there for hot dogs at lunch? Too cold after dark for dinner, don't you think? I once called Joseph's and reserved the back room for a group - and idea?

We should all plan on having dinner maybe on Saturday night. Diving together would also be fun, but potentially less practical. ABQDiver will be there running a class, so maybe we can hook up UW by circling his OW class at 20' like sharks!!
More fun to swim around under them, surrounding them in bubbles. :D

That's gotta be tough teach an OW class on those PVC pipes with divers coming and going. Anyway, looking at arriving Friday night at Best Western Adobe Inn, be in the water shortly after 8am NM-time Saturday - if Stella opens on time, diving until pooped and doing it again early Sunday morning. Not sure what we'll drive, but I usually fly Marine and Texas car flags.

RonFrank:
I just spoke with Dan, and we are there! Sounds like we will be staying at the Best Western Adobe. Dan is booking the room, and while driving remains TBD, we R there!

The Pot Luck also sounds like a go. We will bring a BBQ grill. KISS is the idea, so we will do Dogs, Burgers, and whatever others want to bring.
"A Party?? Great!!! I love parties!!!!" Dorie the Blue Tang, 2002

Ok this rocks. We're coming up Friday night and staying the night so we won't be so zonked on Saturday. We're going to stay at the Comfort or La Quinta.
We'll bring a cooler, dogs and buns, a couple bags of chips and dip. Since we don't have a truck, I'll rely on someone else's grill. :) We'll be in my husband's truck, a black Ford Expedition with NM tags and OU tag on the front bumper. The Wed/Thurs. before, I'll PM some people with my cell so we can all touch base. Is 9:30 am Sat. am still the time?

DandyDon:
So are y'all talking there for hot dogs at lunch? Too cold after dark for dinner, don't you think? I once called Joseph's and reserved the back room for a group - and idea?

More fun to swim around under them, surrounding them in bubbles. :D

That's gotta be tough teach an OW class on those PVC pipes with divers coming and going. Anyway, looking at arriving Friday night at Best Western Adobe Inn, be in the water shortly after 8am NM-time Saturday - if Stella opens on time, diving until pooped and doing it again early Sunday morning. Not sure what we'll drive, but I usually fly Marine and Texas car flags.

Yeah, we are talking Lunch, not dinner. Joseph's is likely the best place for Dinner. I don't think we would need the entire back area, as that place can seat 50, and I'm guessing we will be more like 15, but we shall see. :D Don, why don't we try and reserve a *CHUNK* of the back area? We will not know how many yet, but this is a great idea as Josephs tends to get busy.

I would think that we will do HotDogs, Burgers, Steak (maybe), and then maybe people can bring stuff like salad, chips, fruit, and fondue :07: OK, maybe not so much fondue, but I'm thinking Shrimp on the Barbie may not be bad :10:

Dan and I will be arriving late Friday evening, like maybe around 11:00pm.

I'm thinking of hooking up to dive at 8:00am, and be in the water for the first dive by no later than 9:00am which is later then I generally like, but with a group that is realistic. Any thoughts on this? I think we will be diving Nitrox for the first dive, and we will hit the bottom, and stay there for maybe 20~30 minutes.

This is all up for debate and change, so these are just the ramblings of a well fed guy on Thanksgiving!!

scubajoh44:
I'll be driving up for the day on the 10th. I'll bring whatever is needed for lunch. I can only probably stay till 5:00 or so. I have to drive back home that day. I drive a silver Santa Fe with a Texas dive flag on the back. We should pick a place and time to meet. What time do you all usually get in the water? When should I be there?

For Lunch, we will likely need a big propayne heater :D

Seriously, when do you plan on arriving? I suggested hooking up at 8:00am and in the water by 9:00am, but that may not work if you are driving in that morning.

No worries, we will make ourselves painfully obvious, and you can catch us when you can. My only concern is weather as if it's windy and cold, it's not fun to hang out all day. With luck, we will have a good day, and all will be well.

In any event, I want to get at LEAST three dives in on Saturday, and maybe more like five. Driving 400 miles (one way) for this type of diving is a bit insane, but hey, it's what we do to get wet! :bfish:

I can be in the water by 9:00 am. That's no problem. Should we all sign up to bring different things? Has anyone said they would bring the grill? I don't have a small one. So are we planning on around 15 people? That is awesome!! I don't mind giving my cell number out either. I'll PM anyone mine that wants it.

I'll start this list of things I can think of that we might need. Please add anything I forgot or yall want. Should we sign up or what?

various meat to cook -- bring your own???
bread/buns
salad
fruit
chips
dips
plates/napkins
forks/knives/cups
drinks (suggestions...)

scubajoh44:
I can be in the water by 9:00 am. That's no problem. Should we all sign up to bring different things? Has anyone said they would bring the grill? I don't have a small one. So are we planning on around 15 people? That is awesome!! I don't mind giving my cell number out either. I'll PM anyone mine that wants it.

I'll start this list of things I can think of that we might need. Please add anything I forgot or yall want. Should we sign up or what?

various meat to cook -- bring your own???
bread/buns
salad
fruit
chips
dips
plates/napkins
forks/knives/cups
drinks (suggestions...)
Women are so good at this sort of thing. :cheering: For the drinks, I would suggest everyone bring their own thermoses of warm liquids - Decaf, hot chocolate, cider, such.

I can bring a grill.

I also have some Elk Tenderloin that I could marinate if people are interested in trying Elk.

I'll bring some burger, and buns as well. We should likely get one more person to get some more burger and maybe some dogs and buns.

So for me:

Grill/Propayne
Elk unless nobody is interested.
Burger/Buns.

Does anyone have a canopy? When we got together at Aurora for an Oyster outing, a couple people brought those 10'x10' canopy's and it made for a really nice area to gear up, and eat.

I'd suggest that people also bring camp chairs. I'll definately throw a couple in the truck.

I'd suggest that people sign up for this, so we can get an idea of how may are coming. To signup just go to the calandar, click on the event, and then signup, and include any guests that may want to eat!

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?c=34

This is shaping up to be a good time!! :D

RonFrank:
I can bring a grill.

I also have some Elk Tenderloin that I could marinate if people are interested in trying Elk.

I'll bring some burger, and buns as well. We should likely get one more person to get some more burger and maybe some dogs and buns.

So for me:

Grill/Propayne
Elk unless nobody is interested.
Burger/Buns.

Dan should jump on this thread at some point and I'm sure he will offer up some grub.

Does anyone have a canopy? When we got together at Aurora for an Oyster outing, a couple people brought those 10'x10' canopy's and it made for a really nice area to gear up, and eat.

I'd suggest that people also bring camp chairs. I'll definately throw a couple in the truck.

I'd suggest that people sign up for this, so we can get an idea of how may are coming. To signup just go to the calandar, click on the event, and then signup, and include any guests that may want to eat!

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?c=34

This is shaping up to be a good time!! :D
I have signed up. This sounds like a great time! Will be great to meet SB'ers in person. We usually drive up early Saturday Morning so will probably bring chips and dip. Doesn't sound like it will be too hard to find this group, we'll be there with bells on provided nothing drastic happens with my good friend in the hospital in Denver experiencing renal failure. Hope to be getting wet with all of you soon.

I think this is what we have so far...
meat- bring your own
bread/buns- RonFrank (hamburger) and scubajoh44 (hot dog) (that's enough)
salad-
fruit-
chip/dip- HookedAgain (that's enough)
plates/napkins-scubajoh44 (that's enough)
forks/knives/cups-
drinks- bring your own (something warm)
grill- RonFrank
chairs- bring your own
canopy-

By the way....the Elk sounds wonderful. I'm in.
Add anything we're missing

scubajoh44:
I think this is what we have so far...
meat- bring your own
bread/buns- RonFrank (hamburger) and scubajoh44 (hot dog) (that's enough)
salad-
fruit-
chip/dip- HookedAgain (that's enough)
plates/napkins-scubajoh44 (that's enough)
forks/knives/cups-
drinks- bring your own (something warm)
grill- RonFrank
chairs- bring your own
canopy-

By the way....the Elk sounds wonderful. I'm in.
Add anything we're missing

Condements... we need ketchup, mayo, mustard, whatever.

Everyone can bring their own meat, but I'll bring enough Elk for several steaks, and will likley bring enough burger for a few as well. It's difficult to bring one burger, or just one dog.

Back
Top Bottom