Are scuba regulators life-support equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But could he do it 35000 feet at 500 mph. Inquiring minds want to know.:rofl3::rofl3:
Superman would be OK if the kryptonite were in a lead box, therefore lead is life support equipment...and by extension, my lead diving weights. :)

The term life support equipment makes me picture ventilators, dialysis, g-tubes, and IV infusions. I have never used that term for regulators or other scuba equipment, but that is just me. I suppose if you want to start a meaningless argument we can go back and forth forever like the mask on forehead thread but I have other things to do. :rofl3:

Interesting read...

To me, my tank and the breathing gas in it are the limits of life support for scuba diving. All of the other contraptions just make access to the life support easier and more efficient. I'll call the regulator a vital piece of equipment in the system, but at the very basic level, it is not 100% needed to survive.

The term life support equipment makes me picture ventilators, dialysis, g-tubes, and IV infusions. I have never used that term for regulators or other scuba equipment, but that is just me. I suppose if you want to start a meaningless argument we can go back and forth forever like the mask on forehead thread but I have other things to do. :rofl3:
Thank you, you nailed it perfectly. When someone here calls scuba gear life support equipment, that's what they mean, unless by "interesting", the OP actually meant the issue of whether 30 minute dives were possible w/o an air supply. It's usually a prelude to some half-hysterical inference about the criticality of your gear and the attendant need for extraordinary vigilance and maintenance - for sustaining life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom