COMMUNITY SUPPORT FROM COZUMEL DIVERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Scuba Board. This is Steve the owner of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. I do not post often, but I wanted to let the dive world know how much all of you support the entire Cozumel community. Of course this is only a very small sampling, but when you visit, the dollars that you spend go a long long way in supporting the very good people of Cozumel. I just want to take a minute to thank all of you.
I thought it was time for a catch up on the Pelican family. All of you can be proud to know that you have been a big part of how you have changed some lives here in Cozumel. Our staff has been fortunate to have you as clients. Your continued support of Tres Pelicanos has made their lives much more comfortable. Here are a few of examples of how you have helped to change the lives of many since we started the shop in 2012.
Last week our boat captain Francisco (AKA Chan Fran) welcomed his first grand child. Marina Isabella was born around 9 am while we were under the water. When we surfaced he was so excited he could not stop smiling and showing every one photos. Then he drove the boat to every other boat to tell all the other boat captains. It was a grand event for him and us.
Dive Master George now is working to send his son to university. We all know what a college education costs, so we support George and his family on their endeavors for this.
Pony has a son who has graduated college. He is now working as a customs agent in Progresso. Alex is doing well and enjoys his position on the Yucatan mainland.
Remember Campeche? I had a chance to visit with him today. It had been some time since I had last seen him. His children are now 21, 18 and 16. He is married and enjoying life. He is boat captain for the Blue Angel boat NO PROBLEM (but that old boat has plenty of problems).
Servando has worked on the boat a few times. He is also a grandfather now with his daughter having one or maybe two children (not sure of the number). Both of his sons are working in the dive business. Servando Jr. is a DM for Scuba Tony. His youngest son, Javier (who stands at six foot 3) is helping Servando with his clients while he learns the business of Dive Mastering.
Jose continues to do the instructor classes when we have new students. Along with that he continues to find Bat fish and sea horses on the different reefs. He remains the calm professional who is a delight to be around.
Julio , Pony’s brother is the same. A real plus having him in the shop. He supports pony and also repairs tanks and equipment. I am fortunate to have two of the best shop managers on the Island. They work well together and keep the boats organized with scheduling, payments and tanks orders.
Lastly our other boat captain, Tiburon (AKA Juan) has been a real plus to the group. He is our Ceviche maker when we have enough Lions to make a batch. His habanero mix is over the top in both flavor and heat. The lion population is down so we have not had any Ceviche in a while.
I hope that all of you look back on the past years and see the changes that all of you have made in the lives of so many here in Cozumel. For all of them I thank you.

STINGER OUT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom