Sidemount regulator choice post 2024 inflation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I went through this process a year ago, I ended up with the HOG package. It is based on the DIN D3 swivel primary (5 HP 2LP diaphram sealed etc) and the zenith secondary. I have about 150 dives on it and the only problems I have had is with my incessant tinkering (switching secondaries between sidemount and backmount during a trip and wanting to retune them as a pair) HOG has parts availability in the US, and is relatively easy to service.

Best part of it is the full kit with EVERYTHING is still $789 for regs, hoses, spg, extra swivels and great support from Randy at Piranha. It hasn't gone up for 2024!

HOG Premium Sidemount Regulator Package

I’ve got a couple of the sets that you are looking at. I have two sets of the DGX D6 regulators set up for sidemount. I also have the Apex sidemount set as well. I prefer the Apex as I have been using them the longest. The DGX regs are student regs and my students report liking them. I will note that there may be some quality control issues with them as I had to adjust the intermediate pressure when I first received them. It was only one of the first stages that was problematic. I’ve since rebuilt all of the regs and they work really well now.

Edit: spelling!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom