Anyone want to play hooky?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kory would also prefer to go before lunch, since he still has carpets to steam clean, leaves to bag, etc..... :D

Rhonda

ESP on Wednesday ... Cool !
I'm in for a couple of dives @ Butterfly Cove

As usual, I'll bring the bones :crafty:

Ahhh the bones! Now we know we're in for a true dive.

Okay, how does 9:00 sound to people? Get in a dive or two, maybe go eat somewhere if there is time?

I'm trying to talk John into showing up as well. I'll work on him today.

9amish on Wed. at the 'gate'.....Kory PM me your cell# if possible-thx.

well I guess that is a little too far for me to go tomorrow, Sorry I won't be able to make it :(

Well, the bones spoke to us so Frank and Alan went North then west, while Tom and I went North then East. All in all a really enjoyable dive. We did a little ocean entry practice with close to 3 ft swells and white caps. The air temp dropped from 70 deg around 8:00 am to a nice 62 deg at entry time. Water temps were recorded from 60 to 62 from the surface to Tom & I's max depth of 42'. Viz was normal for Texoma, about 3 to 4 ft, opening up to 5 or 6 feet below about 25'. Saw a few small fish and lots of mud. Some cool rocks.

After hitting the beach, I made cocoa while Tom and I waited for Frank and Alan.

One of the best parts of the trip was lunch at Jalapeno Tree.

Good Texas cold water, low viz diving, and fellowship during lunch. What more could you ask for??

Great time today with Kory,Frank,Tom. Ditto to all Kory wrote.....Frank and I did a hour dive out of the beach area....vis was poor...but it is Red River water! We hit 63ffw/63f. The swells on the lake were neat. Frank found an old dive mask,,,but we decided to leave the goody for someone else to discover. Kory thanks for picking the place to eat Tex-Mex, really good! :D

Yep... and once again the bones were correct. :wink:

I think the water was a bit clearer this time then it was a few weeks ago.
Yep... 63 feet and 63 degrees . there were quite a bit of fish scooting around that I don't think have ever seen a diver before. It sorta felt like Lake Murray down in the dark. The rocks were cool and there were some trees too. I could see Alan's light all the time and sometimes we could get 4 feet of vis. The surg of the surface waves could be felt from 12 feet down and actually brought us back the last 100 yards or so like a drift dive :D

Those stairs back up that hill are pretty tough with full Winter gear but we all knew that going in.

The cold beer and Enchaladas were a great way to cap it all off for me.

Job well done ! 1st Winter dive of the season just 1/2 hour after the cold arrived.

Thanks Guys and Cheers !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom