85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Support divers. I would have stage and additional travel gas at various points throughout the cave, allowing a lighter (balanced rig) to be used. Do the guys from WKPP take all the gas and DPV's they need with them? No. If you plan on doing these kind of dives, you need to plan and have the support team/structure in place.

Seriously? For a 2 stage dive? I think we dive in different worlds

Please show (pics will do fine) me your 30 minute 300 feet setup, and I will gladly show you how to have it setup balanced.

Not my gear (well, at least one of the bottles is, but it's not for me), not my picture.

Divide by three, and that's the gear for one dive to a local wreck at about 300.

34013_131030360270168_100000896144840_157490_6717048_n.jpg

Divide by three, and that's the gear for one dive to a local wreck at about 300.

I wonder what the plan is for dividing up the argon bottle? :)

I wonder what the plan is for dividing up the argon bottle? :)

Looks kinda like a big spare air :D....you can use it

Why?

He just had to let his wah wahs out?

Please show (pics will do fine) me your 30 minute 300 feet setup, and I will gladly show you how to have it setup balanced.

Well lets just start with the 516 cu ft of gas you will need.

Last edited:
Tortuga68, what did you see down there at 85m?

I've been to Verde Island, Puerto Galera, dove on Blackfish Corner at 45m on 21/35 and 50% & O2 Deco: it was the strongest wildest current ride at depth and at the deco stops of all the deep mixed gas diving I've ever done. Fantastic reefs and abundant schooling fish life at all depths (on my dive that is)!

Go get Advanced Trimix training my friend and use it . . .helium is cheap there in Puerto Galera (4.5 cents/L?)

Here is your picture it's the six tanks to the left of the center doubles.

IMG-6918.JPG

Kev the wall goes down over 90m in places, so there's coral all the way down, schools of fish etc. The currents can be pretty wild as you said, especially on the ebb with a full moon - but as per our plan the day we were there conditions were almost perfect

We've seen some pretty cool stuff on Joshua's Wall there at 70-75m: eagle rays, a thresher shark, a banded sea snake that came down with us from the surface - as well as the big schools of jacks and chevron barracuda that are always there

He just had to let his wah wahs out?

Well that was worth waiting 20 pages for

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom