85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should have a balanced rig to start with. a Lift bag is lift bag, not a redundant/backup buoyancy device.

You should have a balanced rig to start with. a Lift bag is lift bag, not a redundant/backup buoyancy device.

I was responding directly to your statement. Not to its relevance or whether it should be required or not.

How do I balance my rig with cave filled 104's and a couple of stages? That's around 430 cu ft of gas and will weigh around 32 lbs. How do I balance that??

The buoyancy compensator is a fine tuning device. It's not like a lifejacket or anything like that. There's no such thing as redundant buoyancy or backup buoyancy or backup any of this stuff. The drysuit is not an inflation device, it's not a backup anything. Drysuit is to keep you warm.

That's a pretty narrow viewpoint.

How do I balance my rig with cave filled 104's and a couple of stages? That's around 430 cu ft of gas and will weigh around 32 lbs. How do I balance that??

Use helium, it will make your tanks lighter. :wink:

Like this.....

3022436452_3156a65a2b.jpg

Support divers. I would have stage and additional travel gas at various points throughout the cave, allowing a lighter (balanced rig) to be used. Do the guys from WKPP take all the gas and DPV's they need with them? No. If you plan on doing these kind of dives, you need to plan and have the support team/structure in place.

I would like to see your balanced rig for a 30 minute 300' dive in the Great Lakes.

Please show (pics will do fine) me your 30 minute 300 feet setup, and I will gladly show you how to have it setup balanced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom