85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shakehead:

What? I do 150 for 30 on a single deco gas @ 70' (sometimes will add O2 if it's the last dive of the day). A 120 bottle? Really? That's deeper than my first deep stop for 150.

I agree, please see post on 120 (most likely travel, bailout gas)

I agree, please see post on 120 (most likely travel, bailout gas)

What are you talking about?? Travel gas? For a normoxic dive? That doesn't make ANY sense. While a bottom stage might be useful, a 120' deco bottle is silly as a travel gas. As bailout (rich O2 mix at depth) it makes even less sense.

Please elaborate on why this looks like a setup for 150'. Especially the part about having a 120' bottle. And since this is not nearly enough gas for a 300' dive, how about you give an example of how many bottles you'd have, what the contents are and how you'd make a balanced rig out of them.

I don't do 300ft dives, but have blown a few bubbles around 200. Mix:21/40 (normoxic, not trimix), deco on 50% & 100%, 4 deep stops.

I don't do 300ft dives, but have blown a few bubbles around 200.
Then how do you know whether the pictures posted above are appropriate for the dive or not? And how would you balance a rig when you don't know the gas requirements?

Mix:21/40 (normoxic, not trimix), deco on 50% & 100%, 4 deep stops.

Normoxic trimix is still trimix...

Yes, 1.5 is not wierd. 21/40 is normoxic, not trimix. I also use 50% at 69ft and 100% at 20ft (both 1.6 PPO2).

Yes, 1.5 is not wierd. 21/40 is normoxic, not trimix. I also use 50% at 69ft and 100% at 20ft (both 1.6 PPO2).

Normoxic refers to containing normal levels of [-]air[/-] oxygen.

Trimix refers to a a blend of three gasses.

The two are not mutually exclusive. If you have 21/40 that only accounts for 61% of your breathing gas. What is the remaining (third - tri) gas in your mix?

Back
Top Bottom