85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You use Nitrox backgas at 300 feet. Nice!!! That is not nearly enough gas for 30min bottom @ 300feet. Do you breath water? I see deco gas for 120, 70 and 20 feet. Looks more like a setup for 150 feet @30min BT.

I have dove these tanks many times to 275' and it is enough gas to dive 1/3's now I will say they are not filled to their rated pressure. They would be filled with 15/55 and the deco tanks would have some Trimix also.

But what I want to know is how to balance this rig so I would not need any redundant buoyancy? Was that not what you where going to show me???

But what I want to know is how to balance this rig so I would not need any redundant buoyancy? Was that not what you where going to show me???

v2008-09.gif

Why would anyone take a 120 deco gas on a 150 foot dive?

Do you have any deco training? I'm starting to wonder.

Edit: I just ran the numbers on V planner. That is enough gas for a full 30 minutes at 300 feet. (SAC 0.6, 3600 psi in the 104s) No room for error/contingencies though so I wouldn't dive it.

They are 130's filled to 4000 psi so they have about 300 cu ft of gas in them. I use a sac of .5 and have about 1500 psi in them after a dive like this.

Dorothy: "My goodness, he isn't even OW certified!"

Maybe you were thinking about Hitler and AOW.

Damn! Godwins Law!

You're the one who said you didn't need redundant buoyancy because wing failure was highly unlikely and besides you can swim twin AL80s up from 60 feet

To clarify:

I consider wing failure highly unlikely on an OW dive, so will dive twin 80s without redundant buoyancy. I can swim these tanks up.

In a cave using double 104's and stages I use a drysuit. Wing failure is more likely,especially in tight passages and there is no way I could swim those tanks up/out.

Clear?

To clarify:

I consider wing failure highly unlikely on an OW dive, so will dive twin 80s without redundant buoyancy. I can swim these tanks up.

In a cave using double 104's and stages I use a drysuit. Wing failure is more likely,especially in tight passages and there is no way I could swim those tanks up/out.

Clear?

Pfffftt... You don't need redundant buoyancy. In a cave you could just walk/crawl out if you had a wing failure. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom