6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Joyster I was there sorry we did not get to talk. Maybe next get together :) there was so many we did not get to talk to
Heck. we just exchanged nods... I know you, miss shy one... if it weren't for the guy you were with, you wouldn't have acknowledged me... damn that overbearing Rico, Rodney, Ronda, Ronnnald... blah, blah, blah... Ronnie (Lord, I'll never get over the way I've labeled him... sorry...) :rofl3:

Now yall making me hungry as I sit here and read these blogs lol.
Thanks. And i do wear a swimsuit under my wet suit.. Id not scare
the locals by not wearing one. The police would arrest me for killing
sea life. And chili dogs at 9am are very good. IF you dont go right to
bed after eating them. I know how the night shift thing and food
works lol. Im having a craving to go diving thurs now lol.

Just for the record! Florida West Scuba School DID NOT call the Venice Police that day. I saw them motoring around however. I heard nothing on the radio as well and I was not called by them looking for any information. It appeared to us you folks were simply having fun. However, last week, one of our customers actually got a parking ticket at Alhambra Road. I think someone in the condos might be getting p'od about the divers.

ok, i have three questions.....
where are the pictures?
who found the biggest meg??
and did anyone find my dive knife that i lost in january???

The knife I found had not been there very long. It also did not have any yellow in it.

This is Mate Marie on vessel hammerhead and i recall the incident clearly. The inflatable boat in question dropped anchor near one of our dive flags. Then his anchor started dragging through our field of flags. Later, one of our divers saw his anchor skipping across the bottom by him. Now how close is that? I think that is very inconsiderate and the divers complaining about this incident should think about where they anchor next time before they do it. Someone could get hurt.

I'm going to say it was a Condo person, they have the feeling of being 'superior' for their location and have called Sarasota's finest on us there before, supposedly for dogs on the beach that didn't exist. Oh, to be old and have nothing better to do!!

This is Mate Marie on vessel hammerhead
Marie, thanks for posting! In the future please create your own name. Posting via proxy or through someone elses name is both confusing and against the terms of service. We'd LOVE to have you participating as Marie!

Actually, I would not suspect that Florida West called the police. The police have been called on us about every time we have a gathering there. The condos are filled with snowbirds the believe that the beach (and the road) belongs to them. I know for a fact that at least two previous calls came from condo residents (spoke to the cop), and there's no reason to suspect this was any different.

I thought the call may have come from the condo commandos also.
Marie, thanks for joining the conversation and sharing the anchor incident. (this is getting off topic...however... now, where is that soapbox??) We saw boats and jetskis flying through the middle of all the flags. Jeff, from shore it looked like you got run over at least once! Every year the subject comes up about educating non divers what a dive flag is and the laws of keeping distance. Perhaps one of these years we will get our act together and finally do something about educating the public. /end rant.

Now, let's return to our regularly scheduled program... after dive kudos, thanks, and good times remembered! I want to thank Sarah for joining Hermit Crab and I on the dive. Jim, I learned about the cement blocks too with the kids. We dropped down onto them not knowing they were there and HC immediately found 5 teeth. The surge between the rocks, and the narrow passage made for some interesting diving...
Thanks again Jamie for the boat ride. You and the crew rock!!!! And thanks to Colin and Tracy who worked to get this together. Looking forward to the Turkey Fry. Going on a diet now so I can fit in the 7mm! LOL.

This is Mate Marie on vessel hammerhead and i recall the incident clearly. The inflatable boat in question dropped anchor near one of our dive flags. Then his anchor started dragging through our field of flags. Later, one of our divers saw his anchor skipping across the bottom by him. Now how close is that? I think that is very inconsiderate and the divers complaining about this incident should think about where they anchor next time before they do it. Someone could get hurt.

Hi Marie... wrong thread there is a thread on the main forum discussing this. BTW I was the inflatable! I will respond in the appropriate thread to keep this one on topic.

krawdady:
The only thing I was swallowing at noon was salt water.

Next time, don't send your mask down first. Damn, that's a beautiful tooth!

Steve Thacker:
Just for the record! Florida West Scuba School DID NOT call the Venice Police that day.

I never for an instant thought it was you. You're not that kind of person. In all my dealing with you and your staff, I've always found you to be very professional, friendly and helpful. I have a great deal of respect for you and your operation.

Steve Thacker:
However, last week, one of our customers actually got a parking ticket at Alhambra Road. I think someone in the condos might be getting p'od about the divers.

Last Sunday, Nancy and I watched a car get ticketed there. It looked like they were parked to close to the corner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom