6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out what I made today w/ a bit of help from Scoobahdood:

SBSign.jpg

Nice Job
Are you going to try and hang it from a tent or are you going to stick it in the sand?

Cool banner...

Truck1 i think it was mentioned a little earlier it was going in the sand. Thats what the poles are for...

ahh
Thanks I missed that part. The last few events we have had there has been one attached to a shelter.

Nice job, Do you have one of those for the boat? Not that we want to show off or anything.

Thanks all.

CuIN-H20 - I wish but that is the only one I have.

Truck - You know we've always had a bit of a time with the banner hence, my making this. Figure I am going to have the ends cut slanted so's it will go down in the sand nicely. We also drilled holes and zip tied the bottom so we don't have the problem of the banner folding over anymore. :D

Thanks all.

CuIN-H20 - I wish but that is the only one I have.

Truck - You know we've always had a bit of a time with the banner hence, my making this. Figure I am going to have the ends cut slanted so's it will go down in the sand nicely. We also drilled holes and zip tied the bottom so we don't have the problem of the banner folding over anymore. :D

You should not have a problem with getting the ends in the sand if they are not slanted. All you need is a really big hammer. :eyebrow:

Seriously though there should not be a problem setting it in the sand

Hi all.....I am new to scuba board as of like 2 weeks ago, but I will be in Venice Beach this weekend.....Me and my wife (Kelsalexandra-scuba board user name) have signed up to be there....Now I have been reading some of the posts and if I read them all I would probably go blind but I must have missed it....to you veteran fossilbashers, do we need to bring something....does it coast to participate....I just kind of feel like a kid on my first day of school...clueless...this will be me and my wife's first diving get together....and we don't wanna make idiots of ourselves so we want to make sure we know what the heck is going on. Can anyone kind of help me.....like the costs, or the food, what to bring, when we dive??????

Thank you for your help,
Michael

Missdirected:
Waiting list to go again, if an opening comes available:
Jenny
Walter and Nancy
Dennis & Roxanne
Maryann

Actually, when I made my post, I was just trying to get some action going to fill the boat. I don't need to be on a waiting list.

Actually, when I made my post, I was just trying to get some action going to fill the boat. I don't need to be on a waiting list.

I figured as much.:kiss: I will take you and the tiny one off. I think all of us are just happy to see so many get to go, at least I am.

sappnasty - Go with what Walter says. The man knows his stuff :)

sappnasty:
to you veteran fossilbashers, do we need to bring something....does it coast to participate....I just kind of feel like a kid on my first day of school...clueless...this will be me and my wife's first diving get together....and we don't wanna make idiots of ourselves so we want to make sure we know what the heck is going on. Can anyone kind of help me.....like the costs, or the food, what to bring, when we dive??????

For the big picnic, bring something to share.

For the diving, bring all the gear you'll need to dive, including tanks weights and a flag with a line.

For finding fossils, bring a bag to put them in. A typical catch bag does not have a fine enough mesh. The mesh should be similar to screen or smaller. In a pinch, a sock will work.

For the beach, bring sunscreen and whatever you'd usually bring to the beach, beach chairs will probably be in short supply.

For the car, bring a mat to help keep sand out of the car as well as jugs of water for rinsing sand off feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom