6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
surprised Walter didn't answer at least part of your post.

His post wasn't there when I started my post. Yours wasn't there when I started answering him. It's all about timing, my dear.

Miss coming through with what should be a final update for attendees and the boat. I will be gone most of the day tmrw/Friday spearing fish. Afterward it is directly to the Greater Tampa Area Happy Hour, then home to sleep and recover for this shin-dig :yeahbaby:
***Attendees*****​

:bananalama: Note, We have gone from about ten to near 70 SB'ers :bananalama:
Cbulla clan (6) – Box of chicken and a thing of potato salad from Publix
Cigami (1) - Pumpkin Desert
Krawdaddy (3) - hot dog buns and fruit bread
CoolTech, RawkStar, KBeck (3) - Case of ice cold water and a case of Diet Coke
Lil’ Castaway (1) – A variety and several LARGE bags of chips
DV4Fun (1)
Reef Raker (5) – Nacho Casserole and Potato Salad
ScubaJenny and the newly minted diver.... Hermit Crab :yelclap: (2) – Carmel Corn and mango salsa
SharkBaite and guests (3) – HELLO????? U comin'?
ScubaIvan (1) -
Bdrannik + 3 (4) -
DeepSeaExplorer + JollyRoger (2) - 100 bottles of water and 10 12-packs of soda - I think drinks are definitely off of the list now :D
Truck1 + son (2) - Yum, yum chili and a canopy.
BlondeAmbition (1) - covered by Truck1
CardZard and Roxanne (2) - Three boxes of chicken
MichelleA + 1 (2)
Sadie199 + Hubby (2)
MissDirected + one teen (2) - Plates, napkins, forks, trashbags, and plenty of hot dogs
LilSis (1) - Covered by MissD
Walter + Teenietinynancy (2)
LJMongy (1)
dkramer + 2 (3) - Case of Pepsi and three tubs chicken from Publix
PolarBearBen (1) - 2 tubs Chilled Pasta Salad - Yummy :)
JoysterShell + MegaMikey (2) - Lots of muffins for the morning
Brewone0to, Mrs. Brew, and two friends (4) - Coleslaw and box of chicken
RealJet (1) - Canopy
III + ScubaAnn (2) - Cookies and some fruit
Diver_11 + one diving friend and 2 non-diving friend (4) - Fruit and assorted breads
losttravekerfl (1) - Chicken and drinks
safyrewulfie + one diver (2) - Coffee for the morning and donut holes to go with the muffins Joystershell is bringing.
MyNameHere + three (4) -
NetDoc (1)
Moose + 3 (4)
ReefGuy + 6 (7) - Mac Salad or Bowl of Fruit
Marvel - Coleslaw
Scubahdood - Deviled Eggs, EZ Up

I'm thinking boxes/buckets of chicken, like from Publix, is going to be the way to go for the main meal, along with the chili, hotdogs, and nacho casserole. So whatever peeps would like to go with those items would be great.

Also, I will bring the big ScubaBoard Banner so's we are easy to find :biggrin:I've made some poles so it can stand on its own.

As it stand now, we have round about 70 people (some haven't replied for a while :sad:), 60 +- pieces of chicken, hotdogs, nacho casserole, and chili. Maybe someone can grab a coleslaw :ne_nau: Other than that, anyone that is wanting to bring something - have at it but I don't know much else that we really need.

THE ARISTAKAT​
Newest/final list from Captain Jamie of The Aristakat as of 8 p.m. this evening. Note, before it is even asked, as it stands now, there is one person going out twice, this is per our Captains orders :arrr: Notes from Captain:

1.) MUST bring a dive flag to go on boat(diver must provide)
2.) MUST be patient when getting on boat
3.) Please limit gear you bring on boat to only what you need to dive that trip.
4.) Captain reserves right to limit divers according to safety and comfort of all.
5.) Please be ready to get on boat trip before set time, I want to stay on time for all.
6.) PLEASE BE SAFE and MOST important HAVE FUN !!!!! Water has been nice lately
7.) No Duct Tape :wink1:

9am Full
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla

11am Full
Bill
Brent R
Brent P
Carrissa & Tracy
Walter & Nancy
Richard
Maryann
Matthew

1pm Full
Harry & wife w/ friend Brent R.
Michael & Josh
Ron & Danielle
Christina & Kristin
Donnie & Ann

Waiting list:
Scoobahdood/Larry
Marvel
Jenny
Dennis & Roxanne

Last edited:
Is it saturday yet? I am looking forward to making new friends and dive buddies! When cub goes back to school I lose my buddy so I need a replacement! weather for sat shows only 30% chance of our usual late afternoon showers with high being 88. So lots of sunblock!

I will also be there, and I think Moose with another 3-4 in tow will be there. :D This should be fun. BTW, I may not be diving: we'll see.

I just realized that my name is not on the list. Please add me and my entourage (6). We'll bring either Joyce's amazing macaroni salad (if I can persuade her to make it) or a big bowl of fruit.

I was out with Jaime yesterday, vis was 20' water 88 degrees. For anyone planning to go out with Jaime on Saturday, a word of advice. LOOK DIRECTLY UNDER THE BOAT :). Every single time I've been out with him, someone's found a 4+" tooth directly under the boat. Zech and I came back with 7 megs between us yesterday, including a 4 1/2" (found under the boat) and a perfect 4" (also under the boat).

I will also be there, and I think Moose with another 3-4 in tow will be there. :D This should be fun. BTW, I may not be diving: we'll see.

Great! You and I can set up a giant checkerboard on a beach blanket, using shark's teeth and sea shells as our pieces. :D

ReefGuy; I was out with Jaime yesterday, vis was 20' water 88 degrees. For anyone planning to go out with Jaime on Saturday, a word of advice. LOOK DIRECTLY UNDER THE BOAT :). Every single time I've been out with him, someone's found a 4+" tooth directly under the boat.

STAY AWAY FROM THE DUCT TAPE!:no

ReefGuy; I was out with Jaime yesterday, vis was 20' water 88 degrees. For anyone planning to go out with Jaime on Saturday, a word of advice. LOOK DIRECTLY UNDER THE BOAT :). Every single time I've been out with him, someone's found a 4+" tooth directly under the boat.

STAY AWAY FROM THE DUCT TAPE!:no

Don't give away my best secrets!!!!

Boat list: FULL BOAT - CuIN-H20, your absolutely correct. I hopped off the boat and BANG big tooth. Same with Cigami :)

9am FULL
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla
11am Full
Bill
Brent R