6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better late than never! Count me in!

I will bring some chilled deviled eggs! I can bring a 10 x 12 E-Z up, a table and a large tarp, if need be.

Also, put me on the waiting list for the boneyard if someone cancels. I will pm Jamie, Aristakat to be put on the list. If no spots, that is cool. A shore dive will be just as good!

Should be fun if the Mother Nature cooperates!

we'll its here!!!!

1.) MUST bring a dive flag to go on boat(diver must provide)
2.) MUST be patient when getting on boat
3.) Please limit gear you bring on boat to only what you need to dive that trip.
4.) Captain reserves right to limit divers according to safety and comfort of all.
5.) Please be ready to get on boat trip before set time, I want to stay on time for all.
6.) PLEASE BE SAFE and MOST important HAVE FUN !!!!! Water has been nice lately

I suggest the main table setup and (if there is a main tent) be setup further north of the pipes this year vs last year. There are a couple more sun shades this year, and that will allow the main area to be centralized between them rather than at the south end of everything

Miss coming through with what should be a final update for attendees and the boat. I will be gone most of the day tmrw/Friday spearing fish. Afterward it is directly to the Greater Tampa Area Happy Hour, then home to sleep and recover for this shin-dig :yeahbaby:
***Attendees*****​

:bananalama: Note, We have gone from about ten to near 70 SB'ers :bananalama:
Cbulla clan (6) – Box of chicken and a thing of potato salad from Publix
Cigami (1) - Pumpkin Desert
Krawdaddy (3) - hot dog buns and fruit bread
CoolTech, RawkStar, KBeck (3) - Case of ice cold water and a case of Diet Coke
Lil’ Castaway (1) – A variety and several LARGE bags of chips
DV4Fun (1)
Reef Raker (5) – Nacho Casserole and Potato Salad
ScubaJenny and the newly minted diver.... Hermit Crab :yelclap: (2) – Carmel Corn and mango salsa
SharkBaite and guests (3) – HELLO????? U comin'?
ScubaIvan (1) -
Bdrannik + 3 (4) -
DeepSeaExplorer + JollyRoger (2) - 100 bottles of water and 10 12-packs of soda - I think drinks are definitely off of the list now :D
Truck1 + son (2) - Yum, yum chili and a canopy.
BlondeAmbition (1) - covered by Truck1
CardZard and Roxanne (2) - Three boxes of chicken
MichelleA + 1 (2)
Sadie199 + Hubby (2)
MissDirected + one teen (2) - Plates, napkins, forks, trashbags, and plenty of hot dogs
LilSis (1) - Covered by MissD
Walter + Teenietinynancy (2)
LJMongy (1)
dkramer + 2 (3) - Case of Pepsi and three tubs chicken from Publix
PolarBearBen (1) - 2 tubs Chilled Pasta Salad - Yummy :)
JoysterShell + MegaMikey (2) - Lots of muffins for the morning
Brewone0to, Mrs. Brew, and two friends (4) - Coleslaw and box of chicken
RealJet (1) - Canopy
III + ScubaAnn (2) - Cookies and some fruit
Diver_11 + one diving friend and 2 non-diving friend (4) - Fruit and assorted breads
losttravekerfl (1) - Chicken and drinks
safyrewulfie + one diver (2) - Coffee for the morning and donut holes to go with the muffins Joystershell is bringing.
MyNameHere + one (2) -

I'm thinking boxes/buckets of chicken, like from Publix, is going to be the way to go for the main meal, along with the chili, hotdogs, and nacho casserole. So whatever peeps would like to go with those items would be great.

Also, I will bring the big ScubaBoard Banner so's we are easy to find :biggrin:I've made some poles so it can stand on its own.

As it stand now, we have round about 70 people (some haven't replied for a while :sad:), 60 +- pieces of chicken, hotdogs, nacho casserole, and chili. Maybe someone can grab a coleslaw :ne_nau: Other than that, anyone that is wanting to bring something - have at it but I don't know much else that we really need.

THE ARISTAKAT​
Newest/final list from Captain Jamie of The Aristakat as of 8 p.m. this evening. Note, before it is even asked, as it stands now, there is one person going out twice, this is per our Captains orders :arrr:

9am Full
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla

11am Full
Bill
Brent R
Brent P
Carrissa & Tracy
Walter & Nancy
Richard
Maryann
Matthew

1pm Full
Harry & wife w/ friend Brent R.
Michael & Josh
Ron & Danielle
Christina & Kristin
Donnie & Ann

Waiting list to go again, if an opening comes available:
Jenny
Dennis & Roxanne

OK, much as i was trying to come up with excuses not to come, I am in for tomorrow! A few of friends did an awful lot of arm twisting... :D

If there is any room on one of the boneyard trips, I would greatly appreaciate a spot on the boat. I'll send Jaime an email to get added to the waiting list. No biggie if it doesn't happen though.

MissD, I'll figure something out to bring. Based on the list, it's gonna be tough. If you like, it could be store bought cole slaw... let me know!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Okay going to do another quick update. We have 80+ people now! Scoobahdood - Deviled eggs sound very nice. Everyone else, go with whatever you think - I certainly have no more suggestions. Colin that list is slightly wrong. No worries though, I am about to update it again. Marvel - U r going to be a Venice regular before you know it :wink1:

Please Check Post 302 for the Most Up-to-Date List

MissD, I'll figure something out to bring. Based on the list, it's gonna be tough. If you like, it could be store bought cole slaw... let me know!

With the addition of so many, go ahead and grab another slaw, if ye don't mind.

Scoobahdood - EZ up sounds great :D

Miss coming through with what should be a final update for attendees and the boat. I will be gone most of the day tmrw/Friday spearing fish. Afterward it is directly to the Greater Tampa Area Happy Hour, then home to sleep and recover for this shin-dig :yeahbaby:
***Attendees*****​

:bananalama: Note, We have gone from about ten to near 70 SB'ers :bananalama:
Cbulla clan (6) – Box of chicken and a thing of potato salad from Publix
Cigami (1) - Pumpkin Desert
Krawdaddy (3) - hot dog buns and fruit bread
CoolTech, RawkStar, KBeck (3) - Case of ice cold water and a case of Diet Coke
Lil’ Castaway (1) – A variety and several LARGE bags of chips
DV4Fun (1)
Reef Raker (5) – Nacho Casserole and Potato Salad
ScubaJenny and the newly minted diver.... Hermit Crab :yelclap: (2) – Carmel Corn and mango salsa
SharkBaite and guests (3) – HELLO????? U comin'?
ScubaIvan (1) -
Bdrannik + 3 (4) -
DeepSeaExplorer + JollyRoger (2) - 100 bottles of water and 10 12-packs of soda - I think drinks are definitely off of the list now :D
Truck1 + son (2) - Yum, yum chili and a canopy.
BlondeAmbition (1) - covered by Truck1
CardZard and Roxanne (2) - Three boxes of chicken
MichelleA + 1 (2)
Sadie199 + Hubby (2)
MissDirected + one teen (2) - Plates, napkins, forks, trashbags, and plenty of hot dogs
LilSis (1) - Covered by MissD
Walter + Teenietinynancy (2)
LJMongy (1)
dkramer + 2 (3) - Case of Pepsi and three tubs chicken from Publix
PolarBearBen (1) - 2 tubs Chilled Pasta Salad - Yummy :)
JoysterShell + MegaMikey (2) - Lots of muffins for the morning
Brewone0to, Mrs. Brew, and two friends (4) - Coleslaw and box of chicken
RealJet (1) - Canopy
III + ScubaAnn (2) - Cookies and some fruit
Diver_11 + one diving friend and 2 non-diving friend (4) - Fruit and assorted breads
losttravekerfl (1) - Chicken and drinks
safyrewulfie + one diver (2) - Coffee for the morning and donut holes to go with the muffins Joystershell is bringing.
MyNameHere + three (4) -
NetDoc (1)
Moose + 3 (4)
ReefGuy + 6 (7) - Mac Salad or Bowl of Fruit
Marvel - Coleslaw
Scoobahdood

I'm thinking boxes/buckets of chicken, like from Publix, is going to be the way to go for the main meal, along with the chili, hotdogs, and nacho casserole. So whatever peeps would like to go with those items would be great.

Also, I will bring the big ScubaBoard Banner so's we are easy to find :biggrin:I've made some poles so it can stand on its own.

As it stand now, we have round about 70 people (some haven't replied for a while :sad:), 60 +- pieces of chicken, hotdogs, nacho casserole, and chili. Maybe someone can grab a coleslaw :ne_nau: Other than that, anyone that is wanting to bring something - have at it but I don't know much else that we really need.

THE ARISTAKAT​
Newest/final list from Captain Jamie of The Aristakat as of 8 p.m. this evening. Note, before it is even asked, as it stands now, there is one person going out twice, this is per our Captains orders :arrr: Notes from Captain:

1.) MUST bring a dive flag to go on boat(diver must provide)
2.) MUST be patient when getting on boat
3.) Please limit gear you bring on boat to only what you need to dive that trip.
4.) Captain reserves right to limit divers according to safety and comfort of all.
5.) Please be ready to get on boat trip before set time, I want to stay on time for all.
6.) PLEASE BE SAFE and MOST important HAVE FUN !!!!! Water has been nice lately
7.) No Duct Tape :wink1:

9am Full
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla

11am Full
Bill
Brent R
Brent P
Carrissa & Tracy
Walter & Nancy
Richard
Maryann
Matthew

1pm Full
Harry & wife w/ friend Brent R.
Michael & Josh
Ron & Danielle
Christina & Kristin
Donnie & Ann

Waiting list:
Jenny
Dennis & Roxanne
Scoobahdood/Larry ( I was after the above two!:wink: )
Marvel

I's put myself on the list then! :rofl3:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom