6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to point out that the owners of Aristakat have not asked for any monies from anyone for this weekend's dives, gas or otherwise. They are doing this as a special treat for this SB event. Pitching in for gas would make you a charter paying passenger.

While I am sure that tips for the Aristakat crew are greatly appreciated, I would not want to speak for a business in which I did not have a working investment.

:shakehead: It is raining today at my house....

Many agreed gas was the right thing to do. Beyond that, it is a given, well known, common courtesy. :ne_nau: What u have stated is incorrect but whatever....

Last edited:
Darlin', he never said that. I think everyone is planning to chip in, I know I am. I think you're doing a fine job. I see it as him just pointing out what some may have missed, not a desire to argue.

Many agreed gas was the right thing to do. Beyond that, it is a given common courtesy. Seems like you just want to argue. Get over it. This is a fun event. If I am doing a horrible job, let Colin know.
My purpose was not to argue. It was to point out that the statement did not come from the business or any representative of the business... AND, that busiiness operates different from private owners. They have different rules and different laws to follow...

I am not a part of that business, and as such cannot/will not portend to make statements without consulting them about rules and regulations

Drinks and water are my thing. I've got 100 bottles of water and 10 12-packs of soda. I'm not sure we need more.

Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :11: Yes, u may be right on the no need for more water. Wasn't that expensive? I guess I should have shared w/ u that typically everyone spends around about $10 :blush: I sowwy.

safyrewulfie - I don't care for coffee personally but I think others may so I have put it next to your name :)

Also, for the kid peeps, I am bringing a twelve year old girl though she is not a diver, YET.

Last edited:
Know what the best part is going to be? The tips are going to be WET because you'll have to swim them out to them! :D

I think everyone is doing a great job. Tracey, I can't thank you enough for helping out (I'm sneaking on at work and turned off filters so I bypass things :wink:) - Jim, your rockin buddy, stayin active and helpful with people.

Everyone here, you're what makes :sblogo: such a family place for me because I know without even looking that everyone pulls together like a family to support events into being and diving happening, and buddies buddying and old and new friends gathering.. our family team attitude makes the uniqueness of this forum medium really special. :)

Back to workin :D

Boat is being offered up FOC as long as you pitch in a few for gas.
Actually, there wasn't even a request of a pitch for gas, Capt Jaime was gifting us the boat rides to the bone yard as his way giving back to :sblogo: for being such supporting immediate clients of his charter. On more than one occaision his boat was chartered by only 'Boarders. When he asked me about what I thought I graciously accepted and immediately offered it out.

The beach pick and drop was an idea he and I kicked around in May while I was diving off the boat with he and.. a group of 'Boarders :D

Newest list from Jamie of The Aristikat as of 7 a.m. this morning. If anyone has requested to go out and is not on the list - PLEASE speak up - sometimes posts get missed and I'd hate for anyone that is wanting to go not make it :)

9am Full
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla

11am Full
Bill
Brent R
Brent P
Carrissa & Tracy
Walter & Nancy
Richard
Maryann
Matthew

1pm Full
Harry & wife w/ friend Brent R.
Michael & Josh
Ron & Danielle
Christina & Kristin
Donnie & Ann

Second trippers - if there is an opening:
Jenny
Dennis & Roxanne

Last edited:
Missdirected:
Second trippers - if there is an opening:
...........Jenny

Wouldn't she be a third tripper since she's listed on both the 9 AM & 11 AM trips?

LOL. Walter, does that make me a day tripper? :)
Since the 11 AM boat is full, please take me off so somebody who hasn't gone yet can go, if they choose to.

Wouldn't she be a third tripper since she's listed on both the 9 AM & 11 AM trips?

You are in fact correct. As she requested, I have removed her from the 11. I've also listed the "second trippers" in order of their request (I think I got it right).

Please, if I have made any errors like axing someone in error, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom