6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else from the Fort Myers area (or on the way) wanna car pool? Might as well save on some of the gas cost...

Isn't that the truth :doh:

Actually that reminds me, everyone please remember to bring a couple bucks to throw Jamie and The Aristikat for gas if you are going to be going out to The Boneyard with him. He's really going out of his way for us. Kudos and many thanks Jamie :wave-smil

Actually that reminds me, everyone please remember to bring a couple bucks to throw Jamie and The Aristikat for gas if you are going to be going out to The Boneyard with him. He's really going out of his way for us. Kudos and many thanks Jamie :wave-smil

I agree owning and running a boat is expensive before gas even fits into the equation. break out another thousand... right?

:speargun:

I agree owning and running a boat is expensive before gas even fits into the equation. break out another thousand... right?

:speargun:

So true, so true, so true. Hence, why I sold mine :D

Well my cub and I plan on being there early as we like to dive early does anyone want boxes of coffee? I can swing by Dunkins and grab a box of joe or 2. I dont drink coffee but in the am im sure someone will be wanting some. As for food. Since someone has brought chips I ll stop by Tijuana Flats and grab some salsa from them too. And a few cases of water from wally world. Veggies and maybe some apples and bananas. I cant think of anything else that will sit well in the sun lol. And everyone remember the key thing. SUNBLOCK!! It is supposed to be a scorcher that day. Another idea for parking. Maybe is those with vans can be a taxi service from sharky beach since its closed and lots of parking there. I will be coming up from Port Charlotte.

Another few for the count: bdrannik now has 3 divers coming along...

So correct me if I am wrong, you are looking for four spots to The Boneyard? Just double checking as I am updating for Jamie. :)

okay, i am in. for sure. plus one. maybe two. and would love to go to the boneyard if possible.

i have only done ONE shore dive - ever. i cant wait!!!!

Any suggestions on what is left to be brought....i am (ehem..) a vegetarian tho.. :wink:

okay, i am in. for sure. plus one. maybe two. and would love to go to the boneyard if possible.

i have only done ONE shore dive - ever. i cant wait!!!!

Any suggestions on what is left to be brought....i am (ehem..) a vegetarian tho.. :wink:

Well how about some nice chilled veggies w/ dip or some other dish???? You decide and let me know, yes? :) I will add you to the list. Also, let me know if your third is going to make it.

What????!!!??? and ruin a perfectly good watermelon? For shame. Is the boat rides for a price? I missed the talk on the boat dives. I have never done a boat dive just shore entry. It will be nice to be able to just dump my tanks on a blanket and not stagger back to my car lol. Is there a tent someplace to keep the tanks from over heating?

What????!!!??? and ruin a perfectly good watermelon? For shame. Is the boat rides for a price? I missed the talk on the boat dives. I have never done a boat dive just shore entry. It will be nice to be able to just dump my tanks on a blanket and not stagger back to my car lol. Is there a tent someplace to keep the tanks from over heating?

Boat is being offered up FOC as long as you pitch in a few for gas. There are still spots open, I think. As for tanks, there are going to be a couple canopies however, most just lay their tanks on their blankets - they will be fine. Unfortunately, they will not explode :14: Just lay a towel over them, if you'd like.

MyNameHere, There is no alcohol allowed on the beach :no However, whatever is in your car....:crafty:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom