6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Jaime would you add myself and blondeambition to the 1 pm trip. we are not signed up for any of the morning trips.

I might do that. I was talking to Tracy who gave me the heads up on the post since I was out of town all day yesterday.

I was thinking about cooking it, then putting it in a foil pans then putting it a cooler. I have tried that before and it seems to work with a baked ham at least. I will still bring the burner just in case the pan does not get hot enough to cook the dogs or warm the chili.
LP gas is ok, as we have seen and done from the past. I'm not sure if "Sterno" would be in the open flames catagory. It might be because there is no way to shut it off if it spills... Just a thought

LP gas is ok, as we have seen and done from the past. I'm not sure if "Sterno" would be in the open flames catagory. It might be because there is no way to shut it off if it spills... Just a thought

True. I thought we have used sterno in the past? I could be wrong. I remember the pans in the warming trays.

How many dives are most of you planning? I dunno if i should just bring my regular two tanks or if i should get a couple extra...

How many dives are most of you planning? I dunno if i should just bring my regular two tanks or if i should get a couple extra...
I stated it the last time we tried this in June, but it bears repeating...

It's all dependant on your choices and how long you can dive on a tank...

Some will dive for 2 hours on a tank and make just one dive,
Some will dive for 4 hours on a tank and we won't see them for a while,
Some will make 6-8 dives and never change tanks

Plan on 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours of shore dive time on a S80 at 15-18 ft. If you want to dive for 4-5 hours, you probably want two S80s

I can usually dive 3+ hours on a steel 100. If I use both tanks, I will miss the party...

i can barely ever get more than 2 hours @ and around the boneyard. I guess shore divers can push that to threeish but 4 wow. Thats something else...

I am going to be solo Sat does anyone need a dive buddy? Maybe another solo diver with their own flag? I broke my buoy flag so I might as well kill too birds with one stone! May bring my boat... just pm me.

are we missing anything that I should try to bring?

Its going to look like a Invasion !!!!!WOW !!!! Update Vis today is still good one spot top to bottom other spot 8-10 ft. Heard other area beside BONEYARD is not so good .

9am FULL
Colin & Kris
Dennis & Roxanne
Brian
Ben/polar bear
Jenny
Eileen,Hubby,
Sarah & Travis
Marla
11am
Bill
Jenny