2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been working out since June 2, 2008. Yesterday I completed 30 minutes with my trainer on an arm workout, and then 1 hour of walking on the treadmill. Usually I attack the stairmaster or the elliptical machine but I was a bit tired from the AC/DC concert from the night before. After all that I went to the dog park and ran with my dogs for 30 minutes. It was a good day. I am now officially booked for my Grand Cayman trip July 25-August 5, 2009. All of this training was in an effort to start and complete my TEC 1 and 2 training. I am now physically strong enough to start Tec 1 and get that done before I head to Grand Cayman where I will finish my TEC 2 training.
Off to the gym to walk the stairmaster and work on legs a bit. I hope everyone sticks with training this year. I know life gets in the way sometimes but it's always better when you exercise.

I did it! I did it! Whoo Hoo!!!

I ran a 1/2 marathon!!!!!!!!!!

Found somebody (and angel name Laura) who had been training a bit, yet at first glance had my body type (blush). She said this was her first time too and was going to run one minute, walk one minute. I asked her if I could join and we ran/walked the race together.
About mile 6 we picked up Susan who's partner of 3 minutes walking, 1 minute running was too slow for her. The three of us finished together!
I can barely walk, I have a cough (upcoming cold perhaps?), a splitting headache and most importantly... I have a medal to prove what I did this morning!
First goal was to finish, second goal was to do it in 3:30. it took 14-15 minutes to just get to the start line (first time the race was sold out, 15k runners!!), I came in at 3:23, then subtract the additional minutes, and I came in well under my goal! Whoo hooo!!!

All of this training was in an effort to start and complete my TEC 1 and 2 training. I am now physically strong enough to start Tec 1 and get that done before I head to Grand Cayman where I will finish my TEC 2 training.
Is it DSAT tec course? I learned in that course that I am not as a good diver as I thought I was.:shakehead: It will be sweet for you to do second part in GC.:crafty:
:focus:
Run 10k/ 7 miles today. For some reason it was much harder then a few previous runs.
Waiting for Jennys report from the 1/2 marathon.:coffee:

Wow, I just posted and Jennys reports is already in. What a timing. Congrats Jenny.:cheerleader:

Thanks man. That cold beer sure does look refreshing! This morning before the race, the announcer kept mentioning where the gear check in was. I kept thinking he said BEER check in!

Thanks. I just took it slow and only worried about the next step. It really helped to have somebody to run with.
I had my .mp3 player, but ended up not using it.

Saturday - cold water diving - 47 minutes on the first dive, 53 degree water. Second dive 19 minutes because of a camera flood. :(

Sunday - house cleaning joy.

Need to get back into the gym tonight.

Jenny, was that the mini down in Miami....?

Padipro and I got turned around in traffic down on Bayshore picking up the elliptical I found on ebay... We then picked up Deepstops and hauled it up to my 2nd floor living room, after cracking a few cold beverages I logged 90 mins on it yesterday afternoon and evening catching up on some TV....

Another 30 mins this morning before breakfast to kick off induction phase and a little bit of a bonk training regiment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom