2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in. No excuses this year. But, it may be a bit later in the day before I start on January 1. Right now I am celebrating the Canadian Junior Hockey win over the dreaded rivals USA.

Damn, did I just commit to exercise tomorrow?

OK, I'm in...

and to start it off, I'm going right now. My dog is gonna love this (she loves to walk but rarely gets to because we have a big fenced yard_).

and tedtim...The US being a dreaded anything in hockey is quote amusing :) has Canadian hockey fallen that badly on hard times?

Today I did 20 minutes of DVD yoga and then swam for 30 minutes. :D

good to see everyone!

im claiming yesterdays vacuming and cleanup of home....its all ive done

training starts back 6am monday morning though.... im already feeling anxious as its gonna be tough starting after a 2 week break

Well, spending way too much time on the Scubaboard and the RunnersWorld board:crash: ( BTW Scubaboard, way better run an organized), it's hard to find the time to exercise, but I did shovel my whole 300 feet long driveway so I am good for today (we're not supposed to have this much snow here, could use a bit of global warming right now). Diving tomorrow, I count it as an exercise, walking around with all that gear, before you get into water. Saturday and Sunday ? :football:Does watching all NFL playoff games count?:happyjazz: Ok I will squeeze a 5 miles run in:eek:uttahere, promise, both Saturday and Sunday.

Attachments

• where is that water.jpg
    where is that water.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 92
Well, spending way too much time on the Scubaboard and the RunnersWorld board:crash: ( BTW Scubaboard, way better run an organized), it's hard to find the time to exercise, but I did shovel my whole 300 feet long driveway so I am good for today (we're not supposed to have this much snow here, could use a bit of global warming right now). Diving tomorrow, I count it as an exercise, walking around with all that gear, before you get into water. Saturday and Sunday ? :football:Does watching all NFL playoff games count?:happyjazz: Ok I will squeeze a 5 miles run in:eek:uttahere, promise, both Saturday and Sunday.

I feel your pain.... too much time on SB, Zendiving, and five Cycling Forums, but I did manage some exercise time.

45 min cardio: cycling on rollers (sprint intervals) and stationary recumbent
30 Deadlifts

:shakehead:
I feel your pain.... too much time on SB, Zendiving, and five Cycling Forums, but I did manage some exercise time.

45 min cardio: cycling on rollers (sprint intervals) and stationary recumbent
30 Deadlifts
Checked your bio, it's interesting how life works. I came other way. Use to be a competitive runner, all the way to the national team...bla, bla, bla. Did that from when I was a kid, till my early thirties. After that, I started discovering other "stuff" like skiing, mountain biking ( no road for me, too many people, who don't know how to drive:headscratch:) and of course diving. Running is now just an easy way to stay in a somewhat shape.
Damn, I have been on this board for more then 2 hours again.

Bob:

I read your web page. I wholeheartedly agree helmets are mandatory. I have had my body spared more than once because of a helmet. Once I was run into by another biker while I was going downhill at speed. Without the helmet my skull and face would have suffered some major rearranging. As it was I had some broken glasses whose frame punctured my face and penetrated behind the eyeball and some major road rash. All things a person can heal from.

I'm a fairly new serious cyclist who is just getting started. This summer is devoted to more miles and more dives. Last summer was interrupted by some foot trauma. Hopefully, nothing will interfere this summer.

It's great to get more activity, but ya got to take precautions to ensure you stay safe(er). Whether that's improving your diving methodology or putting that silly looking piece of protective styrofoam on your head, we need to take care of ourselves so that we can complete the 30 minute challenge for the following day. :)

BTW.... I started out the day on the recumbent bike... woohoo!! (nice to be able to do email from the iPhone while pedaling). I haven't managed to pedal my bike on the indoor rollers with no hands yet... lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom