What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imitation is a sincere source of flattery. Scubapro lives on. They are great regulators.

Until the recent ugly change, it was the best way to get G250v seconds.....

This is incorrect. Halcyon regulators are still made by Scubapro
I imagine that you would be in a good position to know so your information is very helpful. I guess my question is how the heck can Halcyon, certainly not a discount equipment company, source their regulators from Scubapro and offer them at a significant discount over Scubapro’s own products? It just seems a little off to me, hence my original question.

So, is the consensus also that I should have no problem getting a Halcyon 2nd stage serviced at any reputable Scubapro repair facility? Is it likely that any Scubapro shop would be unwilling to service a Halcyon regulator? Thanks again.

The answer is shop dependent. No way any of us but the specific LDS can answer that....

I imagine that you would be in a good position to know so your information is very helpful. I guess my question is how the heck can Halcyon, certainly not a discount equipment company, source their regulators from Scubapro and offer them at a significant discount over Scubapro’s own products? It just seems a little off to me, hence my original question.

So, is the consensus also that I should have no problem getting a Halcyon 2nd stage serviced at any reputable Scubapro repair facility? Is it likely that any Scubapro shop would be unwilling to service a Halcyon regulator? Thanks again.
To possibly explain any price differential, for what it is worth: The H-75P is the MK25, the current Scubapro model is the MK25 Evo. The H-50D is the MK17, the current SP model is MK17 Evo. The Halo is the G250V, the current SP model is the G260. The Aura is the R390, the closest current SP model is probably the R195.

I'm not sure about the servicing question, though the parts are the same, Hollis is Huish and Scubapro is Scubapro:). Personally, I would go to your 3 local shops and ask them this question. Do you already get your Scubapro equipment serviced at one of these shops?

Note: post edited at the suggestion of @buddhasummer, for clarity

In addition, for what it is worth: The H-75P is the MK25, not the MK25 Evo, the H-50D is the MK17, not the MK17 Evo, the Halo G250V is now the G260, the Aura R390 is probably closest to the R195

I'm not sure about the servicing question, though the parts are the same, Hollis is Huish and Scubapro is Scubapro:). Personally, I would go to your 3 local shops and ask them this question. Do you already get your Scubapro equipment serviced at one of these shops?

Assuming my comprehension hasn't failed me again, I think you're mistaken. The Halo G250V is still a G250V, albeit an uglier version, and not a G260. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. Cheers.

In addition, for what it is worth: The H-75P is the MK25, not the MK25 Evo, the H-50D is the MK17, not the MK17 Evo, the Halo G250V is now the G260, the Aura R390 is probably closest to the R195

Next time in Cozumel, go talk to Larry at Scuba Repair, very enlightening as to some of the products he has on the shelf - I don't remember all the details but it sucks to buy some things in the USA..........

Note: I am far from some wiz bang know the difference from generic verses branded piece. My son needs a new 1st and 2nd stage and my wife is bringing it from the US, MK25/620Ti - there's times a branded box brings the old man comfort when it comes to his kid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom