What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They actually killed the g250, and then brought back with the g250v a short time later.... Can't remember how many years between, and how long it ran. Only to kill it again in favor of the g260.

The SP timeline should have that if they (SP) hadn't killed that too...

Seems they weren't selling enough new regulators, so they had to kill it...

BTW....
Is anybody know, who`s that regulator? :)
1435124218.jpg

American components, Russian components.... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!

thks, @CuzzA :)

They actually killed the g250, and then brought back with the g250v a short time later.... Can't remember how many years between, and how long it ran. Only to kill it again in favor of the g260.

I think the G250V was introduced somewhere around 2007 and believe the G260 was introduced somewhere around 2013. The G250 came out around 1986. The G250HP was introduced in 1999.

I think the G250V was introduced somewhere around 2007 and believe the G260 was introduced somewhere around 2013. The G250 came out around 1986. I don't remember where the G250HP fits in, early 2000s?

Right around 99 IIRC. It just hit when I took my SP service class in Dec 99.

The tech community had a conniption fit over the 250HP. Even though the HP can be an outstanding breather and it did have a stronger knob that seals the end of the air barrel properly.

I think their crying resulted in the V as an acceptable alternative. I also think the 260 was made with the tech communities concerns in mind.

So you have the Halycon 250V clone for the old and stubborn crowd who refuses to embrace the inner knob adjustment and the 260 that properly seals the end of the air barrel at the price of some fiddly parts.

If only Halycon wouldn’t have tried so hard to ‘improve’ the 250Vs appearance. One can only hope saner heads prevail and they hire an industrial designer that does not list a stint as the tidey bowl man on his resume.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom