What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me it’s just like taking a family portrait without grandpa. :)

I came across this a few years ago. It shows G250 1st gen 1986, then Graphite 1987 - 1989. Not sure who put it together, or if it is correct. If nothing else, a nice general overview of the G250 history with photos.

Attachments

• G250 history.pdf
    634.6 KB · Views: 165
I came across this a few years ago. It shows G250 1st gen 1986, then Graphite 1987 - 1989. Not sure who put it together, or if it is correct. If nothing else, a nice general overview of the G250 history with photos.

I am thinking the one shown as the original is the post-graphite.

I am thinking the one shown as the original is the post-graphite.
I feel in danger of falling down the rabbit hole of digging for Scubapro trivia. From the Scubapro Facebook page.
Scubapro
June 12, 1987 · ·
In 1987 the G250 second stage was just 2 years old and already so successful as to have it's first new version: the G250 Graphite which is displayed on the cover of the 1987 SCUBAPRO catalog.

Re the Fiat crack;
I have nothing against Scubapro or Halcyon. They appear to sell great regulators, but,
I am weak and could not resist the craic.

I’m leaning towards getting the Halcyon H-50D and the Halo. Are there any concerns with these?

Back
Top Bottom