What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tech community had a conniption fit over the 250HP. Even though the HP can be an outstanding breather and it did have a stronger knob that seals the end of the air barrel properly.

I think their crying resulted in the V as an acceptable alternative. I also think the 260 was made with the tech communities concerns in mind.

So you have the Halycon 250V clone for the old and stubborn crowd who refuses to embrace the inner knob adjustment and the 260 that properly seals the end of the air barrel at the price of some fiddly parts.

If only Halycon wouldn’t have tried so hard to ‘improve’ the 250Vs appearance. One can only hope saner heads prevail and they hire an industrial designer that does not list a stint as the tidey bowl man on his resume.
I still have a G250HP from 2001, and excellent regulator. I don't remember the reason for the protest by the tech community, what was it about?

I still have a G250HP from 2001, and excellent regulator. I don't remember the reason for the protest by the tech community, what was it about?

The plastic knob for one, harder to take apart underwater for another. I can tell you the polymer they switched the case design too also seemed a bit weaker, I managed to kill a main housing. I wasn’t using the retaining pin and over-torqued the cover. It cracked through the pin hole.

I have long since fixed it. I don’t dive it often because I have way too many reg sets for a normal mortal but when I do, it never fails to please. It’s paired with an upgraded MK-16.

I did my intro Cave with it on a MK-20 and a long hose.

If only Halycon wouldn’t have tried so hard to ‘improve’ the 250Vs appearance. One can only hope saner heads prevail and they hire an industrial designer that does not list a stint as the tidey bowl man on his resume.

Yep!

I stand corrected Sir.

0D868DB9-08EC-4B38-9718-C5FB7AFB78EC.jpeg

The 109 should be included above the 156 in that last photo posted by buddhasummer. How could they leave that one out?

Agreed but each of those shown is an incremental change from the previous one and the 109 is the first in the series. Also, the 156 isn’t a 250 so maybe should not be included either.

but then do you need to include the g200/g200b (non-adjustable)? Same guts and could be upgraded to a g250...

Think that above series appropriately shows the evolution of the BA...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom